Hey does anyone here go Coventioning?

I not sure if this goes in here,
But anyways I like to go to Conventions and Cosplaying as something, mostly I go to anime Conventions
Like Sakura Con and Otakon, but in those you can go as anything like last year there were some people as Willy Wonka,
I thought that they were going to tell them that that isn't anime or a comic book character.
But its a video game character so that’s how they passed, so now that I learned that you could go as anything in there I said to myself I always wanted to go as The Predator,
In all the years I have been going to the Otakon I never seen a Predator there, so that’s why I would like to be the first of many, so maybe next year if I have all the parts to make a suit I'll go as the Predator at last. My best friend also wants to go as a predator to so that way there are at least two of us there. Not a big Hunting party but at least I wont be the only one there looking cool. ^_^ :)
So has anyone here been to a Convention like Comic con or something like that?

drgnfyre4

Hunter
Been doing conventions for the last 15 years or so. When I can I try to hit at least three conventions a year. Almost always do San Diego Comicon, Baycon, and some anime conventions in the anehiem/Orange County areas as well.

I not sure if this goes in here,
But anyways I like to go to Conventions and Cosplaying as something, mostly I go to anime Conventions
Like Sakura Con and Otakon, but in those you can go as anything like last year there were some people as Willy Wonka,
I thought that they were going to tell them that that isn't anime or a comic book character.
But its a video game character so that’s how they passed, so now that I learned that you could go as anything in there I said to myself I always wanted to go as The Predator,
In all the years I have been going to the Otakon I never seen a Predator there, so that’s why I would like to be the first of many, so maybe next year if I have all the parts to make a suit I'll go as the Predator at last. My best friend also wants to go as a predator to so that way there are at least two of us there. Not a big Hunting party but at least I wont be the only one there looking cool. ^_^ :)
So has anyone here been to a Convention like Comic con or something like that?

Cool!
I have been going to conventions for like 7 years not that long of time since I had just found out about them back in 2000. I hope to go to as many as I can once I get a Predator Suit to show it off to people and my friends.
So have you ever enter the Costume contests?

drgnfyre4

Hunter
Back in the late 80s and early 90s my old costume team Hi-Impact costuming did every costume competition we could get to. Got really burned out on it because you miss a lot of convention floor time in rehersals and backstage time. I found being out on the dealers room floor getting pics taken by LOTS and LOTS of people to be more rewarding for the amount of time and work that usually went into our costumes.

Yeah I know what you mean, I only when to one costume competition and spent most of the time up only too not be good enough to go on stage.
So I stopped going I was happier with the people that like to take there pictures with me and getting to talk to people about my costumes.
So that’s also why I'm trying to get a hold of a Predator Costume to bring that look on to the East Side were I use to live,
Mostly the Predator stuff is on the West Coast. So I had never seen one at Otakon so I think that it will blow peoples minds there having never seen a Predator on the streets of Baltimore.

SquidProRo

Unblooded
I go to conventions as often as possible. :) They hold huge sci-fi fairs in London several times during the year...

nyjedi

Unblooded
Our light saber posse was on the main stage for the whole weekend at the recent NYComicCon. Had a blast. We love doin cons... about 2 years plus now...

TanRu

Unblooded
Our light saber posse was on the main stage for the whole weekend at the recent NYComicCon. Had a blast. We love doin cons... about 2 years plus now...
I saw you guys while we waaaaaaaaaaaaaaited to get in that Friday. Cool!