Hollywood Collectibles Group BIO Helmet

kithunter

Elite Hunter
EDIT FROM FAKEN: UPDATE - IF YOU WANT TO BUY THIS BIO, PLEASE PURCHASE IT USING BY CLICKING HERE AND USING MY AFFILIATE ID :) THANKS!

I came across this little diddy,

the price seems a little steep, but still very cool. i like the fact that it's a wall mount and you can see the inner workings of bio. if you pick up one of carl's cannons it will make it more screen accurate

comes with a COA from stan the man

check it out
BIO HELMET

Andrew

Last edited by a moderator:

Faken

Hunter
Yeah I was going to announce this on my site last week but I am waiting for my affiliate account. If anyone sees this and wants to pre-order, I would love you forever if you wait until I get an affiliate link. Helps pay for the Lair bills :)

Thanks,
Dan

PS. This piece is friggin amazing and wait till you see what else they pop out with!

Usurper

Veteran Hunter
Wow thats just amazing, often wonderd what was on the inside of a bio.

dont think the mrs will allow the dosh for that as nice as they are :)

carlart

Hunter
$1,000? What are they, nuts?!!!!! :)
That thing ain't worth a grand. Sorry, I love pred stuff as much as the next guy---but for cryin' out loud! I just get the feeling that those who make these wonderful collectibles think us pred fans are total saps----NOT! :)

Aesthetically, I really like the inside of the helmet. It really does look functional, terrific job on that! But, the cannon's a bit under par, thanks for the endorsement, Andy.

carlart

inkmonster

Hunter
well carl line me up in the sucker line i'd pay a grand for it. with only a 1000 of them being made the chances of me getting one is probably pretty slim. thats not a unreasonable price to pay for a bio right out of the original molds with the predator wall mount to put it on. hell the icons bio went for more than that years ago. if i can get one im gonna get me one.

Mortal Immortal

Elite Hunter
Now thats interesting to see. Most people never show the back sides of their works. So thats a nice change to see the inside of the bio.

kwalsh000

Blooded
Have to say it does look sweet but for 1000 i would have thot even an attempt at a face would have been made. Maybe thats just me..but anyways, there was a debate on the rpf at some stage about how screen accurate it is etc. Even tho its cast from original molds..such as only having 2 holes instead of 3 on the side of the helm. Im only new so not 10% sure myself..but personally i think all the bios that people have done here are alot better than that one. Liking the inside of it though!

roninpred

Elite Hunter
Man .I envy you. wish I had the cash.maybe you can show it to me when it arrives (since we live in the same town)

Thats one nice Bust, but the cash is no joke. I like how they try to mock up the insides of the Bio, but they could have put a little more thought behind it. Actually the real lens in a Bio are not see through lens like in Sunglasses. Its like a minature telivision LCD Screen, used for targeting, infrared and even X Ray mode. I know you are thinking no Eye can possible see a TV screen that close, yes you are correct! But a Predator's Eye can do it, he is an Alien. Also the breathing section that goes to the mouth and nose is all wrong. Yes I know I am

Robillicus

Hunter
That is a pretty sweet-ass piece, I must admit. However, they're claiming it as the most screen accurate P1 helmet cast from the very molds used to create the original. And with that said, the left temple detail is incorrect, as is the paint-scheme itself. It's way too stylized and too neat; and what with the way things are, the piece you get will most likely look nothing like that.

MaskUpclose.jpg

Secondly, the cannon is atrocious. I don't like that it's cut-off at the same degree the bust is. That, and to anyone who's actually seen "Predator" knows that, that's not the cannon. Not even close.

I will give them this... the inside of the bio is pretty cool looking. I remember reading my old "Predator: Cold War" comics, and at the back was a drawing of the Predator along with explainations about his weapons and such. It mentioned that the creatures mandibles were used in activating certain pieces of equipment. Would've been cool to see some detail that resembled buttons. Hehe.

So you're pretty much paying a grand for a piece of paper with the SWS assurance it's screen accurate.

I don't agree with the whole "Limited Run" ********, either. All that means is that people are going to buy them up, and re-sell them on Egay for twice what they paid. Thereby reinstating that it's all about money, and to me, this hobby means more than that.

I find myself agreeing more and more with Carl as of late. Word up son.

inkmonster

Hunter
yeah your right the left temple where the hoses connect is different. plus i highly doubt they put that much detail into the underside of the original. it was never seen in the film and with the lack of time they had to do the sculpts for the film its unlikely they even sculpted any details to the underside or it.

kithunter

Elite Hunter
I wonder what the dreds are made of?......they look to be the right size and nice detailing on the rings.

it's doesn't state of the dreds might have been pulled from the original molds.

that whole limited run stuff never sold me either rob,...it's a marketing tool to entice collectors....like" oh crap i need to get NOW!!!!!"

Faken

Hunter
I wonder what the dreds are made of?......they look to be the right size and nice detailing on the rings.

it's doesn't state of the dreds might have been pulled from the original molds.

that whole limited run stuff never sold me either rob,...it's a marketing tool to entice collectors....like" oh crap i need to get NOW!!!!!"
They're foam dreads.

inkmonster

Hunter
Booooooooooooo another one that didn't wait
i'll wait dan if you think you can get some of them to sell. if it helps pay the bills i would be more than happy to wait. i didnt see a place where you can make contubutions like on the old lair.