How chroming object?

P

Predator75

In the market all the paint that I found are opaque...
I have see in the forum bio cromated, like mirror.
how to do?

P

pirkleations

Great question, P-75!!

Yeah, folks!! Tell us how to chrome!!!

Does the "auto shop" chrome paint work well? Or it it just a re-packaged silver spray paint?

DangerDavey

T

The Big Gunns

Alsa Corp. makes a really reflective chrome paint (its airbrushable.. not in a paint can) They are a little expensive, but its really great stuff. ~Mel

P

Predator75

thank our Queen
Iit seems a good stuff. But GULP! That prices!!!!!!
Other minor $ solution?

S

Shataan

I found some paint in an aerosol can a few years ago. It was called Metal-Cote. And I painted a 1/1 Terminator skull, and an 18 inch tall Terminator endo skeleton with it. Used Chrome, and sprayed it on. It dried to a very powdery dull look. After which, you took a towel and buffed up the painted objects surface. The dull powdery surface buffed off and underneath was an amazing chromelike metallic surface. I couldn`t buff out the detail inside edges, but the stuff I couldn`t buff out made them stand out really well.

Amazing stuff. I am sure it can still be found. And not really expensive at all. I assume this stuff at the link is either the same paint I used, or very much like it.

www.decoratingdirect.co.u...d/h/HUMMC/

"Humbrol Instant Metalcote is a highly realistic metal finish spray paint suitable for use on most surfaces. Simply spray on and buff up, for the look and feel of polished Pewter or Bronze in minutes. Its worth pointing out that we felt that the Pewter finish was extremely realistic, and indistinguishable from the real thing. The Bronze finish was not quite as realistic, however we still felt that it was a good imitation. Give them a try... you will not be disappointed!

Available in 400ml aerosol tins in Pewter and Bronze finishes."

S

seknewb

Hands down the best "hobby" paint available for any metallizing is the Alclad 2 line. The chrome is amazing. Doesn't have the dull silver look in the slightest as long as you're working on a clean surface with a base coat of black. The paint is a bit expensive compared to some ($8-10 an ounce) and will need to be airbrushed for best results, but the end result is totally worth it.

www.alclad2.com/

If you have membership to "The Clubhouse", do a search for "alclad T2 skull" posted by "69mach1". I'd post the pic, but don't want to without permission. Pretty amazing results on a VINYL kit. Resin or fiberglass would only be 100% better if used properly. This stuff is amazing!!

P

Predator75

mmm I'm not convinced, you have of the photos taken from you?