how should i handle this?

P

pro predator

now that i have painted this one i got 1 more problem because i don't know how i can wear this one? and wurse how could i attach anny dreads? :s
stuck here pls help me
thankss
ps. this photo is taken before painting
PICT2166.jpg

K

keefer649

Check out Shockwolf's tutorial on the first page of Huntorials.....he used some kindof hat and attached everything to it. If you dont want to go the undermast route, I have seen some people use bike helmets or varieties of them under the bio to hold it on, and add dreds. Hope that helps!

S

Savage Yautja

Gene I was just helping someone out. Stop being such an obvious ass to people and grow up already.

ProPredator, This is what I was talking about this one is a screen used piece from Predator 2.
[URL="http://www.yourmovecreep.co.uk/portfolio/johnmay.htm"]http://www.yourmovecreep.co.uk/portfolio/johnmay.htm[/URL][/email]

M

MEANGENE83

Im not being mean to people... just mean to you.

Get it straight knucklehead.

M

MoviesColin

You're such an ass it's funny.

Isn't it a blast to be a ********?!?!?!

R

RaptorArts

Remember my AVP costume? I used a bicycle helmet for the head and just glued the dreds into that. Worked great. Cheep and effective. And they are only $2 or so at your local thrift store

Not a great pic but it shows the helmet before dreds and after...

Last edited by a moderator:
P

pro predator

i think the undermask is to expensive for me and the ebaylinks, very nice but i wanna make it as good as possible on a low budget, i think i'm trying the bikerhelmet trick
owh yeh.... any ideas on how to make some nice lookin' dreads??

M

Maverick118

You could always make one

undermask.jpg

undermask2.jpg

Cheap upholstery foam and a papier mache bio.

J

josephchoi

get some backer rods from the home depot or something. cut it to pieces then kinda either sand it down or taper it down by either sharpening it or rolling it onto a heated cookie dough sheet till u get 1 end sharp

S

Savage Yautja

doitbest.com has the backer rod for dreadlocks. A lot of us have used those for years when there was little else available. Get the 1" diameter 50 ft. rolls if you cut them at 2.ft lenghts you'l get about 25 per roll. Rent a heat gun snip the ends to a rough point like a stake and roll it as you heat it. Any laminate surface works real well. If you have access to a belt sander you can also smooth the end to a point with that.