How to build a custom costume**Presentation*

K

kithunter

Yo Pred nuts,

as some of you may remember i was asked to do a presentation on costume design for a group of kids. something to help keep them off the streets...

anyhow here are the shots from the presentation the turnout was about 25-30. It went over very well, they have asked me to come back do it again in November. The next event will be sponsored by D.A.R.E.

The best part about it is the kids and how they feed off of this stuff, and it's a paying gig..lol

Marzan15.jpg

Marzan9.jpg

Marzan12.jpg

Marzan13.jpg

Marzan5.jpg

Marzan11.jpg

Marzan1.jpg

my favorite question of the night....

How can i build a predator suit like yours?.... My answer is simple...don't build one like mine, build it to how you think it should be.

Thanks for looking

AM

M

Maverick118

Now that's the smile of a happy chap. Great work Andy, and it looks like you had everyone into things in a big way. Great that you get to give something to the community. I tip my hat to you Andy. This is one of the coolest things ever. Plus the sentiment at the end is something to be proud of. We're all unique so should your costume. Kudos bro.

K

kithunter

can't put it into words mav,

it's pretty damn cool to step out from behind the bio and talk one on one with people about my craziness

one of the kids asked me a great question, "what would a predator look like if he was in WW2?"....another kid asked me about an egyptian predator...it was great to see them thinking outside the box and using their imaginations.

AM

M

Maverick118

I can only imagine how it must have felt. Pretty damn amazing I'll warrant. As you said nice to see them thinking out of the box too. What would be really nice is if they turned up on here and we could all help turn their dream of a pred into reality, even if it's just by giving advice. It may have been a paying gig, but I think I've gotten to know you well enough over the 3 and odd years I've been a menber of the big pred family to say, I think you'd have done it anyway. Hey it may be crazy but if you look outside into the cold hard world, it's a damn sight crazier than any of us could have imagined.

T

The Mortal Immortal

Looks like a fun time and to see the kid reaction is all way fun as well.

P

PredatoRob

That is way cool Andrew! When I was a young kid I was obsessed with Predator, and if I'd have had something like that to go to, that would've been the best thing ever.

Hey, you get to show off your stuff, keep kids off the streets and off drugs, and get paid, it's a win-win situation!! You're inspiring the FX artists of tomorrow, too.

don't build one like mine, build it to how you think it should be.
I couldn't have said it better myself. I bet those kids were big-eyed and all smiles that day. Way to go!

T

tjm023

Wow, Andy. My hat goes off to you for putting your time and effort in contributing to the development of young minds. That's a killer workshop you put on. I know the reward is awesome though and be careful because it's kind of like a drug. I've done some drawing and sculpting workshops from time to time in my kid's school to help out the art teachers and the questions, suggestions and amazement of kids is awesome. Keep it up buddy, I love what your doing and I admire you for it! Truly fresh look at how this hobby and passion can reach out in many different levels.

Tom

K

kithunter

who would have thought....

rob i totally agree bro, if i had something like this around when i was a kid, i would have been there hook line and sinker. This is just what i needed to re-charge my batteries.

i gotta tell you about this little kid Pete was his name, he must have been about 6 years old, he couldn't stop asking me question on the bio and the suit.

so he procceeds to tell me that he builds costumes... he said they aren't that good because he makes them out of cardboard boxes.
I stopped him dead in his tracks and said do you like your costumes?..he said yes, i said then that is all that matters..."you are the best costumer you know"..it was like the kid was hit by a bolt of lightning. His mom came up to me afterwards and said her son was never told that by anyone and he was so inspired by the presentation, he wanted to build a pred suit..

that was fuckin cool....LOL

P

pdisc

Awesome post bro.............wish there were more posts of encouragement and positive stories like that here.Keep up the good work.

P

PredatrHuntr

Nice job Andrew...very cool to see you influencing the kids in such a neat way. They will remember that for years to come and some may actually pursue it like we have!

Kudos bro...

D

drgnfyre4

Andrew that is fantastic and so important that there are programs like this that help children to aspire and inspire. I think you have done a tremendously wonderful thing and used something you love and know so much about to do something good and educational. I am SURE you changed lives with what you did. Great job!

K

kithunter

Keeping the faith....

thanks for all great feedback, it felt like what i do here just magnified 100%.

hopefully the positive vibe given off on this thread has rubbed off on a few folks here to show it's not about the destination, it's all about the journey...right big mike ???

October comming up and the new AVP film slated for next year , we shall see new works from people for some time.

AM

M

Mr Fett

Nice T-Shirt.

But seriously....

so he procceeds to tell me that he builds costumes... he said they aren't that good because he makes them out of cardboard boxes.
I stopped him dead in his tracks and said do you like your costumes?..he said yes, i said then that is all that matters..."you are the best costumer you know"..it was like the kid was hit by a bolt of lightning. His mom came up to me afterwards and said her son was never told that by anyone and he was so inspired by the presentation, he wanted to build a pred suit..

that was fuckin cool....LOL
That's what it's all about, man!!!!!

S

sinister70

I know exactly how you feel Andrew. There is nothing like watching kids as you explain and show just what they could do and then see the lightbulbs go on above their heads as they grasp that "YES" it really is possible for them to do it themselves, just like the kid who made his costumes out of cardboard. That's how it starts, at least it did for me and it just goes on and on. Spread the word. It's what makes this hobby or obsession keep going.

Cheers

S

Shataan

This is a really awesome thread Andrew. It reminds me of when I was a 7, and a really rich Big Game Hunter dUde came to our school to show us all the stuff he brought back from Africa. I`ll never forget it.

You are like.... the new Big Game Hunter.... for a new generation. ;0) I bet those kids are gonna remember that day for a very long long time. :0)

N

NibsFlibble

Very cool, Kit! When that kid grows up and is famous in the film industry, he'll always remember what you said and did for him. The encouragement to continue to pursue his dream.

J

Joe Ker 89

nice going kit!

i can't help but wonder though.. you look like some of those guys doing a "Cash scam" or Pyramid schemes lol

K

kithunter

good one joe...lol

no scams and no printed muscles on my suit bubba

AM