How To Videos: Huntorials - New Episode 4 & 5

iMovie, huh? Another reason for me to get a Mac, I guess. :)
Will you be posting a video on the painting process too? I find these vids very informative, being a beginner on this myself. Always good to see other ways of doing things. :)

MEANGENE83

Hunter
Yea I will definitely be taking this step by step through the entire process.

These skins are going to be my next suit.

Doing a full Boar costume true to the original in predator 2.

Next video will be cabopatching the seams and making them look seamless.

If anyone is curious to see anything specific. I ain't no expert, but at least like it was mentioned we can see a different way of doing things.

Thanks again!

made007

Elite Hunter
take a video of the molding and casting of the shinto bio, slushed cast since idk how its done, i know how to cast little pieces but i never heard the term slush cast

Way to kick the tutorials up a notch with these, Gene! Takes a bit of effort on your part, so thanks for the massive contribution to the site!

MEANGENE83

Hunter
I should have posted some credit for the method. I did not discover it, I heard about it from Monster Makers. They say to wash the suit with cirtric acid to apply more latex to the inside of the piece. To make it thicker.

I in turn figured if it is good for that, it would be good to prep and clean for paintwork. Turned out to be right.

After doing this I spoke with Mardikrew who unprompted mentioned he found some spray or something from walmart that was citrus based, that he used to strip off a bad paintjob with. Right then I knew we both had the same idea independent of each other and I felt confident that this citric acid stuff was a good trick.

I made the tutorial because time and time again people "whats the best paint, how do I get it to stick" Well for me, being a House Painter, I always know that a good paintjob for a room starts with the Prep. Its all in the prep. So I figured prepping the surface this way and opening the pours up for paint and adhesive would HELP the chances of paint sticking. Let's face it though, Painted Latex is never going to be perfect forever. But this helps extend the life of the paint.

REYALS

Elite Hunter
I cannot thank you enough for these video's. I have been trying to understand the concept of personal suit creation and you bring a lot of the process into the light for me and many other's.

I thank you with much adoration for this, Gene. (y)

Double H

Elite Hunter
Thanks for sharing these Gene they are a great insight and help. Just a quick question, after casting a mask in latex, does bathing it in citric acid work on that too?

REYALS

Elite Hunter
You don't know how much these tutorials are helping me understand the process of suit and bio creating. Much appreciated Gene. (y)

Double H

Elite Hunter
Thanks Gene, this will come in really handy in the near future. Thanks for sharing.

ps haven't by any chance got a video for the mother mold making process have you?