Ice1010 P1...completed pg.2

T

The Big Gunns

I will be painting up this DBP1 for Ice101. I finally get to paint one of these masks!

I would start it now, but the guys at the airport went through my luggage- and they didnt close the ziplock bag that the prosaide was in... so I have to order more now. That was really gross... luckily my clothes werent in that suitcase.

I will be posting pics here in a week when he's done.
~Mel
DBP1.jpg

S

STEVE0671

I look forward to seeing your work on this Mel , its going to be hot !

S

Shataan

Can`t wait to see a "Mel-anized" DB P1!!!!! That mask is like my dream mask. ;p

T

The Xcalibor

HECK YES!!!!!!

Good luck with that one mel. The next P1 i get, im gonna try to do it as close to screen accurate as possible. Well, be sure to keep us posted as you always do.

PS-Good luck with all your moving mel.

KEITH

P

PredatrHuntr

Mel painting a DB P1 - very cool - can't wait to see what you do with it!

T

The Big Gunns

I am now waiting on the prosaide to arrive to finish this. Sometimes I hate put the black spots on the mask and cover up the brown ones

This is a really cool mask. Those who own one should be proud.
Ive got the quills done and the polymer clay teeth are ready. Jeff's sending the dreads and neck ring in a few weeks (Bambooie dreads!!!!)

~Mel
Progress3.jpg

Progress4.jpg

T

The Xcalibor

Mel, that looks absolutely fantastic!!! Can't wait to see it done, nor can i wait to actually paint one

KEITH

J

JediUsurper

As always , excellent work, you gonna break some sorta record for spots

P

PredatoRob

Lookin' good Mel! That will look so cool when it's finished. I bet you have all kindsa fun with that airbrush of yours; being able to make itty bitty spots like that!

I like the brown spot pattern, too. Looks like a jiggsaw puzzle to me. Very cool!

D

drgnfyre4

Very cool Mel...I have one of those heads for my suit and seeing you paint one up doesnt put too much pressure on me now...lol.

T

The Big Gunns

What she's not telling you is that's about 15 hours work right there. Probably at least that much more to go just in the paintwork, not to mention the eyes and dreads being installed. Your a lucky man Jeffy!
~Dave

T

The Big Gunns

Dave accidentally posted that last comment under my name

S

Supreme Hunter

Well good god Mel if i had the drive and determination you have I would have been done with my pred head already . But I do love your work so keep it up.

-Chris

D

depredador1997

AWESOME WORK MEL!!!! As the owner of one of these pieces,i can tell how hard is to cover the whole area with spots..... keep us update.

D

Destroyer

Excellent work!

What light brown did you use? Is it raw sienna mixed with something else?

T

The Big Gunns

I use a mix all my colors.. I never use them straight from the bottle. The browns are a combinations of yellows and browns made by fw and bombay inks.

Jeff- my prosaide is supposed to arrive today so I'll email you progress shots again soon
~Mel

P

PredatoRob

I've wanted to see your skill on DB's mask for some time, now. So far it's looking very, very killer. I am also a big fan of the "step-by-step" pics you take of your works. Very cool of you to do that, and inspiring/motivating as well.

That reminds me, I ordered some Prosaide as well, and I can't for the life of me remember where I put it. Shit.