If Arnold Was In The Next Pred

Deadstarx69

Unblooded
How would you guys feel if Arnold was givin a role in the next predator film if there was ever to be one? I personally wouldn't mind his return in some way

munson

Hunter
His character should be left how it is.  If you watch the behind the scene's sections from "Predator 2", I believe that Agent Peter Keys [played by Gary Busey] even said the character died not too long after the first encounter with the Predator.

munson said:
His character should be left how it is.  If you watch the behind the scene's sections from "Predator 2", I believe that Agent Peter Keys [played by Gary Busey] even said the character died not too long after the first encounter with the Predator.
Garey Busey's chit chat on the set is not canon.Dutch is alive and should be involved in the next sequel.Makes "Predator" means something again.

munson

Hunter
PredatorSpirit said:
Garey Busey's chit chat on the set is not canon.Dutch is alive and should be involved in the next sequel.Makes "Predator" means something again.
If he reprises his Dutch character, he'd do more damage to the franchise then help it.  Arnold was just one part of something bigger, the same way that Danny Glover was a part of P2.  To me, a reason why Predator and Predator 2 were great is that they seemed "real".  It's not to far fetched that a Special Ops team was doing some undercover work on the wrong side of the lines.  It's not too far fetched to see the storyline in P2 could've been real as well...gang wars, Government agencies, etc...  That's what made it interesting. It wasn't too out of the realm of reality. 

I believe that in order to make another Predator film that follows the first two films would greatly impress the Hardcore fans as well as the general public.

The only thing good about "Predators" was the new armor.  Some of the Predator design was alright, provided it was altered.  Other than that, the movie itself as a remake masquerading as a reboot and they act as if they only had a few nods.

Theacientone

Unblooded
Next one needs to be in the Midd. East. The US military fighting insurgents and something else. Gotta say it with the classic movie trailer voice. Could get drones involved and show some more Predator weapons and tech. I think with all the dust and earth tones they could do some cool cloaking effect shots.

Theacientone

Unblooded
I always thought it'd be cool to bring Dutch back as a skull prize. Kinda like a sports trophy whoever has the best "season" gets to have his skull in their trophy case until next season. Started a story about that years ago and have since moved on because of time constraints.

wonko

Hunter
I'm gonna have to agree with munson 100%.  The idea of Dutch in a third movie seems way too "out there" to me.  Seems to me like he didn't last all those years doing what he did by going back and doing stuff that even he knows he's lucky to walk away from.  If they did a third movie I think the true, die hard fans would demand a continuance of the first 2 movies, and leave all this 'AVP' and 'super pred **** out of it.  It deeply saddens me that somehow Xeno's got mixed up in the franchise and have almost become a 'staple' in the films.  In my opinion they took 2 of the best franchises out there, forced them together (square peg round hole), and made something that isn't worth ****.   :( Now when everyone talks it's about Predators fighting Aliens... :mad:

movieman2005

Young Blood
Part one had a great cast and Arnold was at the top of his game the movie really has it all  . 
For me part two did not go to the next level with glover leading the the charge he did nothing to help the film in my opinion .  
The Predator was the movie in part two . I actually liked predators as much if not more . I think Arnold could possibly work in a part 3 if you write him  
 sort of like the Ripley character in Aliens who is asked to help as just an advisor role in a situation . Not saying I would want to see that happen as Part one is a masterpiece as was Aliens . I really do hope they make a predators 2 I enjoyed it very much.  

Estelle

Hunter
If they decided to bring Dutch back, I’m afraid there’s only a limited role his character could hold.
( ..or should hold, at least IMO) He’s not going to be the same gun-ho, ass-kicking, save-the day Dutch we seen in P1. I see him taking on the part of an  “informant” somewhat. Someone who’s able to shed some light and detail on the Predator by way of his personal experience.  He could possibly advise a team on what  exactly it is they are dealing with, anything beyond that pretty much loses it’s aspect of believability.
~Estelle

boca

Blooded
Estelle said:
If they decided to bring Dutch back, I’m afraid there’s only a limited role his character could hold.
( ..or should hold, at least IMO) He’s not going to be the same gun-ho, ass-kicking, save-the day Dutch we seen in P1. I see him taking on the part of an  “informant” somewhat. Someone who’s able to shed some light and detail on the Predator by way of his personal experience.  He could possibly advise a team on what  exactly it is they are dealing with, anything beyond that pretty much loses it’s aspect of believability.
~Estelle
I'll add to that.... In 'Predators'... Isabelle, the Israeli Sniper, was able to tell Brody all about  " a team back in 1987..."....etc... so Dutch must have been debriefed like ****, and somehow, it's become common knowledge in select military circles around the globe of the events in the first movie. 

This to me suggests that Dutch was not believed by his superiors, and was ejected from the army ( possibly serving time in jail for the "murder" of his comrades )... and is only believed by certain people who are more open minded than the Army...because if he was believed, he'd have been sworn to some sort of secrecy. The fact Isabelle knows the circumstances suggests to me that he's probably now some "crank" who will tell his story, but only certain people will listen.......a bit like people who claim they were abducted by aliens... they don't last long in ' top job ' circles.

To that end...if Dutch were to appear in the movie for some sort of cameo... I'd have him as either some 'looney' behind prison/asylum bars screaming at the team heading out to track the new Predator not to go, because "it's suicide... "  ..... or as someone who lives alone in a log cabin ( much like we find him in Commando ).....the team come to visit him  giving it  "we believe your story"....before he delivers his lines about the dangers they are facing and probably urging them not to go.

Either way, I wouldn't have Arnie within 100 miles of any action. The man's 66 for God sake... the Predator could take him out now by stealing his mobility scooter. o_O

scanff

Young Blood
No no no.... the original is a classic putting an old Arnold in a reboot would be totally cheesy.

I know there are mixed feelings about predators but I actually thought it was a good movie, leaps and bounds better than the AVP ones. The ending was left open Royce : "Now, let's find a way off this ******* planet."

I would personally like to see the continuation of this story rather than a reboot of the original.