I'm officially an entrepreneur

This was posted by me on myspace and a few music message boards I'm on. I thought I would put it here as well.

Ten months ago I got laid off from yet another good job in my life (communications) I'm sure most of you guys will remember my hard times. I said that day. “I’ll never work for anyone else ever again” I've said that many times in my life before. That day I meant it. For the past 10 months I have been a working D.J, working for myself (besides answering here and there to a club mgr. or promoter.) But I know that gigs come and go and spinning isn't the finical freedom I am looking for, I wanted more. After by chance (luck) an opportunity came along to buy my own business (long story) and looking at the all the numbers I decided to purchase it and will open June 1st. A store/kiosk at Mall of Ga. It will be called Kevin's Custom Kaps. My name incorporated in the business was important and monumental to me. It's custom embroidery and stitching that we can do on hats, towels, hand bags, golf towels, uniform shirts, robes,aprons, ect. I know you have seen it or at one time worn a embroidered garment. That's what I will be doing selling and offer. Now, my life's ambition was to never own a custom stitching kiosk in the mall as half chinsey as it sounds. But my life's ambition was to be finically secure and to work for myself. This business will provide both and I'm pretty excited.

But it doesn't stop with me at just mall sales. I will use the entertainment business I am already in to network my business outside the Mall through the clubs I work at and people I already know. There are slow days at the mall I know this and if that machine isn't running I'm not making money. That's where you guys come in. If you work somewhere that uses or could use this service hit me up.CAR CLUBS!!! If your a promoter or club/restaurant owner/worker and need your logo's, Co. name ect. on hats waitress aprons shirts...... please send me the business I promise to do it cheaper than the big man. For now I'm just the small man trying to be the big man some day. I will continue to spin at night a run my business during the day. Thanks for taking the time to read this, wish me luck, I'm a little scared, I dished out a lot of money and mall rent isn't cheap, but failure isn't an option.

THIS MEANS CUSTOM embroiderd pred hats and shirts!!! If there is any interest. My idea is to have black hats with the Hunters lair (logo as seen here) on the front with your Hunter lair user name on the back with the tri laser symbol above that. Just an idea, I would do it as cheap as my budget would allow. If there is no interest it's all good i didn't post this to generate income or sales just to share the joy and bring good luck from you guys.

ScottAS

Hunter
Good luck on your undertaking. It's scary being self employed but I've done it my whole life so far. Will definetally think of you if need be. :rolleyes:

carlart

Hunter
Congrats, Kev! Hope this new gig pans out for you. It takes guts to start your own business.
I was thinking about the name of your new business---you should use a "K" for the word custom, Kevin's, Kustom Kaps--kind of a stylized look.
But then, in this politically correct atmosphere---somebody'll say, "Hey, that stands for KKK". Custom caps indeed.

The other thing is, does the Custom Cap thing pigeon-hole you into embroidering just hats in the minds of your customers? Is there another play on words in your business name that would indicate you doing other garments as well? Maybe you ought to consider thermal transfers too.

carlart

Faken

Hunter
Congrats, Kev! Hope this new gig pans out for you. It takes guts to start your own business.
I was thinking about the name of your new business---you should use a "K" for the word custom, Kevin's, Kustom Kaps--kind of a stylized look.
I personally don't like when people do that because it makes finding them a pain in the ass. As an example I've looked up stores in my city on Canada411 (online phone book) and because stores have these damn name changes, I couldn't find them. Like one store my friend told me had a statue I wanted. So I look up the name, which has "comics" in it. His shop never came up because his listing was "comix" and I didn't know. So someone could be looking for "custom caps" and his shop wouldn't show up because of the Ks in the name. Same thing online... someone could be looking for your site but aren't aware that you have some funky way of spelling your name.

But don't worry Carl, I still love you tenderly even if you want to call his store KKK :rolleyes:

I trained today some more at the seller's N.Point location. We were kinda busy, I never knew the **** people would bring to have custom stitched it's crazy and not just old ladies with their trusty hand bags, from 8 to 80 emo kid to jock boy everybody wants there personal touch on SOMETHING. This is good I'm not complaining. I think I'll be ok and survive.

Funny I've started preparing samples to display and have hidden my own touch within. My display towel says Christine on it.(The 58 Plymouth fury) My monogramed towel has the initials TDR.(the Devils rejects) My stuffed dog is a St. Bernard with his doggie sweater which has custom stitched Cujo on it.(need I tell you) The Polo shirt has The Weyland Corporation on it...... A kids back pack will have Danny Boy (predator 2) on it.

I WAS going to name it Kevin's Kustom Kaps but opt not to for obvious reasons. I am only allowed to do stiching on my kiosk per my mall contract. i will be plenty busy with this though as is.

DangerDavey

Hunter
Very cool!!

Best of luck with th new biz!!!

I've been training to get back into the mainstream economy as well. I'm going to become a Lawn & Garden cashier at Wally-world.(Walmart)
It's been over a year of submitting apps to businesses and my wife gives shining praise to the management team at our local store. The pay is good. The training is very good!! The store is a favorite spot for everyone in my town. Plus, I may end up working the same scehdule as my wife!! Can't beat a single commute for two people!! I get my first paycheck at the end of this month!! Woooooo!!!! :rolleyes:

~DD