Inexpensive Life Casting

M

MoviesColin

Not sure if this has been said, but here we go.

I was brainstorming ways to lifecast easily, becuase I am making a Krueger movie and needed to make prosthetics.

Well, it hit me. Tin foil.

I took a large slab of aluminum foil and folded it in half, and shaped it accordingly to my face.

After a few minutes (appx. 5) of shaping and re-shaping, I had a nice copy of my face. But tin foil alone is flimsy.

So I rumaged through the basement and found everyone's best friend...

No, not Mel.

I found "Great Stuff" expanding foam. Filled the face impression up (from the inside, the neg. side)

So this "Great Stuff" stuff dries rigid. So you can have a nice face lifecast to sculpt on, for about $5!

Now, I haven't tried making a full head impression yet, but I don't think it would be too diffucult. I will keep you updated.

And of course, this can apply to Predators as well as Freddies. Or any other type of mask you want to make.

T

The Big Gunns

No, not Mel.
What the hay..
Ok Colin you are numero uno on my poo list for that. I'll have to use some of that tin foil to put your corpse in.

S

ScottAS

Dental alginate and plaster of paris mixed with burlap for a full head cast costs around $30. Then you full with another plaster, probably $50 at the most.

M

MoviesColin

Ok Colin you are numero uno on my poo list for that. I'll have to use some of that tin foil to put your corpse in.
Actually, I was wondering if you had a certain red and green sweater that I could borrow for the film?

A

asy0uw1sh

What can happen even if you are experienced and have help!

From this...
me.jpg

To this...
Picture291asm.jpg

Picture286sm.jpg

Picture289aaa.jpg

-Alan

A

asy0uw1sh

Now that's funny! And an accurate description as well! Just one question Mel, which shot, the before (where I have a slight smile) or the others? Just kidding! Actually these are shots of how I felt after the last Halloween Horror Night I attended!!!

-Alan

M

Maverick118

Here's what i did, used good old duct tape and expanding foam to fill it. Works a treat if real facial detail isn't a must.

image0087.jpg