Interesting

cyberpred

Hunter
I really do not come here that much anymore.

Once in a while I will take a look and maybe post.

This site is begining to remind me of the problems we had with the old site.

Real shame people still get ripped off. I get tired of seeing people make excuses and act like it is not their responsibility.

I have been dealing with people (Customers) for years. From the time I make the deal with them to the time I complete a project I am in constant communication.

I also get tired of the self righteous comming down on folks when all they want is to have a cool piece to have or display.

I used to enjoy this hobby but have to say the attitudes and dishonesty of the human condition will never change.

C. B)

Macguyver

Blooded
If there's any spots left in this circle you speak of...I'd just like a chance to earn my way in.

Wait a second...only as long as its not another one of those wierd ritualistic cult circles again!

Fool me once... :)

Skullsplitter

Elite Hunter
People tend to forget that this isn't really a shop you can barge in and order stuff. This place is all about sharing the love for a fictional creature we all adore for various reasons.

But when some kid has a cool gizmo, the other kids want some stuff too, and start ordering. And that's where it goes wrong. While there's nothing wrong with selling some items, it's wrong if it grows into a job on it's own. This extends to both sides: for the "customer" who doesn't get what he was hoping for or worse, and for the "retailer" who has a professional life and a personal life BEFORE his hobby, which conflicts schedules every now and then...

I really like this place, and I think it's great to see what people are doing around here, but it has become quite biassed by negative experiences between members. Thing I regret most is that it has to come that far.

I visit this place for inspiration, discussion and do exchange idea's/designs, not for ordering my complete suit. I think more people should do that. (Then again, it might be just because my budget is just non-existant :))

DJ Akuma

Hunter
Speaking as a "customer" I have come to respect the time and effort put into designing, painting, sculpting, and everything else that comes with this hobby. I do not have the skills and background that many of you have. I am constantly floored by the dedication, insperation, and love that many of you share with this community. While I have ordered a few parts here and there and am still shopping around for others, I don't expect to have everyone do all the work for me. I am also very selective with my purchases. I gather all the information, and make an educated decision based on the facts givin. The few people that I have had transactions with were very professional. Answered all my questions, and made sure that I recieved my amazing purchases. I will contact these people again. I feel that they were satisfied with my quick payment and my understanding with their situations. I have remained professional and have extended that professional courtesy to those I have been in contact with. I may not be able to contribute to this community the same way that many of you fine artists can, but I will always carry a high level of respect to all on here.

Anyway, I hope that those in the "close circle" can accept a "customer" who will always show respect and extend the professional courtesy that is truly earned.

Faken

Hunter
While I understand, I don't think starting threads like this is very helpful to showing there it more good than not. If you feel that the hobby has lost it's shine for you, that sucks and I'm sorry to hear it, but I don't think coming here and announcing your lack of interest in participating is really solving anything for anyone or helping. I'd say that it's fairly obvious who the major rip off scammers are/were, and I find it pretty sad that these people continue to drag some of you and the forum down, yet they aren't even members here. Too much bad blood with some of your senior guys, you need to move on. It's good that we have a lof of new members joining up that are excited about the hobby or else this place would just implode.

As you said, the human condition never changes, so you have to learn to roll with the punches and push the idiots out and not go crazy over things you have no control over. There will always be people around to feed off the bottom, be it on this forum, in this hobby, or anywhere else in life. But you can't allow yourself to get so down because of these people... what's next? You don't like work because of the assholes, you don't like your hobbies because of them, then it's just everything in life in general? I deal with arses every week and almost every day... I just laugh and move on.

Anyhow, I just don't think threads like this are needed... announcing your disinterest and such in repeated threads just makes you look like a complainer. Trust me I know, I'm an expert complainer. But let's face it... this is pretty much the same thread as the last one you posted here: [URL="http://www.thehunterslair.com/index.php?sh...ic=2090&hl="]http://www.thehunterslair.com/index.php?sh...ic=2090&hl=[/URL]

Anyhow, I suppose I'll get hated by people for this, but come on...

Dan

rastapred

Hunter
Not at all Dan, We all come here for one reason the love of the Predator character. I agree with you 100 percent.

I dont think it should matter if you have the talent to make the items, or the money to pay for them. Lets all just enjoy the site and get along. lifes to short to moan and complain about the little things.

Hope everyone has a great and safe Memorial Day Weekend.

Randy

kithunter

Elite Hunter
being the oldest lair member i figured it's only right to chime in. It's funny how this place brings us all together and for some that haven't been able to grow with the forum use it for their purposes and then complain that it no longer serves them.

MANY MANY people have made their names and reps here and them move on to other interests ...that's always been cool with me.....I always remind them to check their egos because no one should think they are better than anyone else. some have allot haven't and it's devided the forums at times...whatever.. backstabbing, secret deals recasting bitter infights...people crying about their bad deals i've seen it all here.. now let's focus on the good ...when i started

NADA.NOTHING not one pred suit or a way to get one done...looks at us now.

from time to time i get fed up with crap but i do my best to keep it to myself and not cry about the good old days or whatever. yeah they we're good but if you don't see that better things are ahead ...don't complain about it move on and we'll carry the torch. for prop building, costuming, creativity this forum is second to none ...some have tried to duplciate the proccess but you can't the hunter's lair stands on it's own.

there are more motivated people here than any time i could remember...so cary i know you've gone through a rough patch of late but and i say this with the utmost respect... give it rest ...if you don't want deal with the lair or the members move on...bitching about the way things are or the way things should be doesn't really help the board or the noobs..

i've always known you to help out..if you feel you can't do that anymore..by all means take a break from the board or the hobby in general..it seems since about 3 years now you are getting real bitter about the whole thing.

Dan is doing a great job and has kept the lair rockin...remember it's not the board it's the information that is shared and people who share it that count...if your gonna stay here for a while or just a drive by....make it count

now i'm going to rest because my fingers are tired.....

later

Andrew

inkmonster

Hunter
actually this is a old post that someone just dragged up again. this post was made over a month ago. i come to the conclusion that most people are basicly arses. but unfortunatly you do have to deal with them everyday. ive had some bad dealings fortunalty not many and had alot more good dealings with members of the lair. i think cary was trying to express his feelings towards his suit getting stolen and his distaste in people getting ripped off then when they say something about it its like there the ones condemed and attacked by everyone. carys allways struck me as one of the good guys and if he wants to move on than thats his buisness.

Faken

Hunter
actually this is a old post that someone just dragged up again. this post was made over a month ago. i come to the conclusion that most people are basicly arses. but unfortunatly you do have to deal with them everyday. ive had some bad dealings fortunalty not many and had alot more good dealings with members of the lair. i think cary was trying to express his feelings towards his suit getting stolen and his distaste in people getting ripped off then when they say something about it its like there the ones condemed and attacked by everyone. carys allways struck me as one of the good guys and if he wants to move on than thats his buisness.
Yeah, that entire suit thing is absolutely disgusting and I can really see why Cary would be just so disappointed, disguted and fed up in general, I know I would be.

kithunter

Elite Hunter
from the get go cary has always done right by people here...so far as going to a bad vendor's house just to ship out packages that didn't belong to him. then there was the alien staus tube saga, now his suit got jacked....

I know there is a limit to the BS... i think he has reached his..

my comment is directed at the "tone" of this thread not the person delivering it. if you feel like you are fed up just move on.

AM

kriker

Blooded
yup... from what I can see though some of the pro's on this site have developed bonds between them and have at least found a level of respect for one another.. I think the only way to combat this problem is for the admins to become judgemental...

It's not a particulally nice direction to aim in but a locked part of the forum for those that have "earned" there way in through multiple successfull suit sales and a distinct talent for the suits... These people can be chosen from the list of members by the admin and is a "locked" forum topic for all those that have not earned this level yet...

and macguyver... I think your a hell of a lot closer to being in this selection then I am ^^

The ritualistic element and daily prayers to kriker can be discussed later...