introduction and pics of my first attempt :)

T

TeRRoR999

well i wanted to introduce myself. my name is miguel and i am new to hunter's lair. i have been reading posts for the past 2 weeks and i have been really impressed with with what i have seen and everyone here has real talent imo. i am 31 yro and i am a big predator fan, so when i seen this website which i happen to find lucky me it motivated me to attempt my first predator costume. so i decided after reading and searching here on the forums i decided to try it out. starting with shoulder armor.

so tomorrow i am going to start on the chest armor then the other shoulder. i decided that if im going to try it i want it to be unique hehe. i will try to paint it in the weekend coming still doing research on painting techniques. any feedback is incouraged good or bad hehe. thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Supreme Hunter

Um i do have to say they look very interesting i think in the long run when u get them on a suit they will look awesome. kudos for doing somehting that no one else has done.

-Chris

M

Maverick118

Nice I like the Pred clan symbol inscribed in the top portion of the pauldron. Only critique I have is maybe you should shape the pieces a bit more, give them more of a natural flow and curve. It's what I did with my old AVP style armour.

shoulderbell1.jpg

I also used brass paper fasteners, the kind that split open and spread to join the segments together this way they flex with you and move as you do.

Nice start mate, keep at it.

T

TeRRoR999

thanx guys and yes im still working it out still need to do some stuff to it. i am very surprised how flexible fun foam is

T

The Big Gunns

You can hold the foam over a burner or use a heat gun to heat the foam. Then hold it in the shape you want till the foam cools down. It will retain the shape. Looks good so far.. congrats on taking the first steps.

C

carlart

Yep, looks great. Mel's got the goods on that foamie stuff. Welcome aboard.
carlart