Iron Man Official Review Topic

Fang

Hunter
Well I just got home from seeing it, I had advanced screening passes. Let me just say, it was an incredible movie. Downey Jr. Pulled off Tony Stark perfectly. Beautiful visuals, the movie keeps up a good pace so you're never bored. I highly suggest seeing it when it comes out Friday or the 8pm showing on Thursday night. I give it a 10. :)

jaded

Blooded
I hate you right now :) .........Just kidding I am so glad to hear that it did not suck.....now I just have to stay away from this thread until after I see it!!

jaded

Blooded
IT WAS AWESOME!!!!!! I just got home from a 9:30p showing here in Indy and IT IS AWESOME!!! True to the comics, entertaining the whole way through, comical, witty, action-packed, you name it had it. Spiderman is the only other comic-book movie that is this true to it's roots. If you see any movie this weekend, this has to be it. By far one of, if not the best comic book movie ever!! :)

AND make sure you stay for after the credits for an extra-awesome clip!

Uratz

Hunter
I already saw it on 4/30 10 pm in Shanghai, China. It was a damn good movie. I've been an expat working here and US movies seems to come out early over in Asia... The only problem is not every movie comes out. Lucky for me most of the movies that DO come out is like sci-fi fantasy, big budget movies which I like.
Side note: I'm going to be making the face plate of Iron Man.

Paintninja

Blooded
I concur, 10 out of 10, 4 star! Definatly go see it, will own on dvd!
Jericho missles, now mount those bad boys on War Machine!!!

Well I just got home from seeing Iron Man, I got a free advanced screening ticket for it at 8:00pm
It was great I wish it would of been a bit longer but it was AWSOME! They did keep it true to the comic.
It's a MUST SEE MOVIE! :)

Mortal Immortal

Elite Hunter
The movie is on my top Ten for this year so far. I give it a 9.5 right now till I see the rest of the films that will be coming out. Great action and well plotted out story line.

ptgreek

Elite Hunter
Straight Up...IT RULED. Its not always about great effects ( though they were awesome) it takes a great cast to carry this movie. If anybody doubted Robert Downey Jr as Tony Stark, they MUST see this film. All the elements are there. Great exchanges with Gwenyth Paltrow and Terrance Howard...sets you up for more to come STAY TILL AFTER THE CREDITS ...that is an order:)

they did the comic justice!

Macguyver

Blooded
Just got back from the midnight showing of Iron Man and it was an absolutely fantastic ride from start to finish (including the post credits bonus scene)! Favreau has done an outstanding job in every possible way. Great character development, great storyline, spectacular action scenes and tons of razor sharp wit & laugh-out-loud funny moments all timed wonderfully throughout its entirety. Robert Downey Jr. has given one his best performances to date and no other actor could've been a more perfect fit for the role of Tony Stark. This is by far, one of the all-time best superhero movies ever created and could VERY likely go on to knock Spidey out of the #1 earnings spot. B)

Get out to the theaters for Iron Man ASAP! :unsure:

Python

Blooded
Good to here you lot are liking it, il be going to see this one sometime next week i think, havnt been to the cinema since AVP R but this one grabbed my attention...

jaded

Blooded
"POSSIBLE SPOILERS"

Since this is a "review thread" I was wondering if anyone else picked up on some of the easter eggs and other mentionables of the movie.

1. Does anybody else think/believe that the terrorist leader is the Mandarin?
2. Who saw the jet name "SR-71 Blackbird"? (The X-Men's jet is a modified SR-71 Blackbird)
3. Jarvis was the private butler of Tony's parents and then later for the Avenger's Mansion
4. Obidiah Stane referred to himself as an "Iron Monger" (which is the name of his suit in the comics)
5. Everyone saw Jon Favreau as the bodyguard
6. Did anyone see Tom Morello as guard (I didn't, but I will after I see it again this weekend :unsure:)

I just checked for my own curiosity and the cast has signed on for 2 more films, can we say "Spiderman who?"

Last edited by a moderator:

Uratz

Hunter
"POSSIBLE SPOILERS"

Since this is a "review thread" I was wondering if anyone else picked up on some of the easter eggs and other mentionables of the movie.

1. Does anybody else think/believe that the terrorist leader is the Mandarin?
2. Who saw the jet name "SR-71 Blackbird"? (The X-Men's jet is a modified SR-71 Blackbird)
3. Jarvis was the private butler of Tony's parents and then later for the Avenger's Mansion
4. Obidiah Stane referred to himself as an "Iron Monger" (which is the name of his suit in the comics)
5. Everyone saw Jon Favreau as the bodyguard
6. Did anyone see Tom Morello as guard (I didn't, but I will after I see it again this weekend :unsure:)

I just checked for my own curiosity and the cast has signed on for 2 more films, can we say "Spiderman who?"
1. Yes 2. Yes
3. Didn't know that
4. Yes
5. Yes more than 5 scenes with JF.
6. I did see TM as a bad dude. He got tossed far and Away!

jaded

Blooded
Really? :unsure:

Well, I'm not gonna spoil it for ya, but it ain't anything worth crying over if you haven't seen it yet because most of us from the Lair felt like crying AFTER seeing AVP-R!
B) AVP-R was a let down, but Ironman makes up for it ten fold!!

Macguyver

Blooded
"POSSIBLE SPOILERS"

6. Did anyone see Tom Morello as guard (I didn't, but I will after I see it again this weekend :unsure: )

I didn't notice him in there during the movie, but I did see his name pop up a couple times in the end credits. He was also listed in the credits for doing guitar work on the soundtrack.

HOLY ****!!

I just saw it then.

IT IS FREAKIN SICK!!!!

Best god damn superhero movie ever.

Make sure yall stay after the credits.