IZO.....Roughed out

K

kithunter

i showed this to a few of you last week,

I've only got about 4 hours total into it..so be gentle..it's my first sculpt of a bio. Trying to pay homage to robs great design. the horns are only gatorfoam and pink foam for placement...anyway here it is

critiques comments feedback welcome....

IZOrough.jpg

B

biohunter76

Looks like a great start to me. Be sure to make the horns seperate parts. Otherwise it will be a pain to mold.

P

PredatoRob

YEEEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lookin' badass, there!! It's an incredible feeling when someone likes something you did enough to bring it into the 3-D world. You will totally do it justice man!! I can't wait to see it all finished up.

Also, those horns are there just for reference?

K

kithunter

just for reference and sizing bro, just to make sure i get the proportions right. i cut them out of gator foam.

i'm taking a page from jordu schells book, just mass everything out first and then cut back. Still a long ways to go.

plus i'm sculpting up the other armor pieces of the suit...it's got tons of detail to it.

M

MEANGENE83

Your rough shapes are good. Of course it needs more time.

The one bit of advice which u probablyy already know is - The key to making a bio is give it enough time. Work on it then walk away for a day so that u can let it develop naturally over time.

Other than that you need to be your worst critic.

THIS IS GONNA BE SO COOL!!!

im so happy you are sculpting a bio! Its SO much fun!!!

J

JAILER1955

Ah, come on! What predator is going to wear pink foam?

Seriously, I think it looks fantastic. A question that I have is will the protrusions from the helmet {i don't know what they are called), how are they going to remain sturdy enough in the finished product to handle either display or movement while being worn?

I am missing way too much recently. I need to read more.
I wish I could have designed that bio.

George

K

kithunter

rob please repost a good image of the izo concept..on this thread if ya could

yes the the bio needs a ton of more time. with the big H comming up next month, i'm more focused on building up the dead end suit, but i wanted to share with you guys and to others that it's the procces of building something rather than just being ...oh i quit kinda thing... plus i love this shit..

and yes the protrusions will be sturdy enough to wear or display. I'm going to try and build the entire suit using the dead end body suit as my base.

S

sorrowspred

dude that will be awesome. robs designs are so rad and so far i think its living up to its graphite legacy!

S

Savage Yautja

Post a pic of the sketch for referece so we can see what you're going for . At first glance it looks like antennas for a bug costume. A Predator Bug's Life?

K

kithunter

when it's all said and done i hope this will be the final outcome.. the goal is to have the whole suit done by AVP2

PartiesOver.jpg

P

pirkleations

That is going to frakkin rock!! I'm excited to see one of Rob's Samurai come to life in the 3-D world!!

~DangerDavey

J

JediUsurper

cooool more bios

looking good

looks like a big undertaking there, may the force stay with you.

M

Maverick118

About time you started flinging the mud around again Andy. Looks like it's shaping up to be a kick ass sculpt. One word of advice use rakes on that puppy big ones and small ones, breaks up the uneveness of it and smooths down a treat. You can add any extra lumps bumps and battle damage when you're texturing it. Cool beans. I shall be watching this beggar cloesly.

K

kithunter

thanks for the tip mav, the rakes will be purchased today

M

Maverick118

I made mine Andy, wrapped a couple of the kemper loop tools with guitar string < hight "E"> on one and dremmeled some teeth in another. For the bigger ones, you can get the metal clay cutters and dremmel some teeth on them around the outer edge. They really help break the shape down and smooth out. What clay are you using? Oil clay will need a solvent to smooth whereas water just needs...water. Anyprobs mate holler I'm only a pm away.

M

MoviesColin

Looks sweet. I never noticed the mouth design before. Looks really wonderful!

K

kithunter

using chavant clay on this and the armor pieces.. appreciate the offer mav

S

sinister70

That's looking nice so far Andy and it'll only get better. Rob's got a talent for sketching things that interprete really well into 3d. He did a fine job with my request for a industrial inspired Bio and the result was the "Juggernaut". His samurai inspired preds are just crying out to be made into reality and that "Izo" bio is off to a great start and is sure to inspire a few members here to take Rob's pencil work into actuality.

K

kithunter

Rob,

some real exciting news, I've been talking with somone who wants to build a Model of the IZO design.

It will be glorious to have a model and a suit of your design. i'll keep you posted if it goes down

AM