Jailer's attempt at designing his Predator

P

PredatrHuntr

Dude, I love your concept art...some great ideas there.

1. The Biomask that leaves the mandibles out and allows for the inner mouth to breath - cool idea

2. The Pred with Alien dreads - cool @#%$. Looks like a hybrid, yes?

Keep it up bro... I love your stuff...

D

drgnfyre4

Those are some really impresive concepts and great renderings. I hope you bring some of those designs into reality!

P

Praetorian Hunter

dang dude those are some great drawings bro. Really great concepts for bios man i love em. I may have to get your permission to sculpt one of those one day, lol.

Praetor Fenix

K

kithunter

thanks for reposting them, i think your designs are fantastic. they almost have a "bisley" feel to them.

AM

J

JAILER1955

Thank you all. I would love to bring them to life but for a couple of problems. no room, no talent. Although, I do want to try sometime.

If you think one of the ideas is worth turning into reality, give a call and I'll say yes most likely. That would thrill me to no end.

P

PredatrHuntr

Jailer - can you tell me how you shade your stuff? The way I do it is by lightly rubbing the flat edge of the lead all over the area I want shaded. But then I can see lines...what do you do?

J

JAILER1955

No problem. If you can give the finger to someone, you can do what I do.

I use number 2s on letter size copy paper, nothing special. I use a combination of useing the side of the graphite/lead like you do and a lot of lines drawn in like I was shadeing useing just lines. I try to draw the lines to fit the shape of the section of the drawing. Move the pencil out of the way, extend your finger, index or middle and rub the sucker in. Your finger will smear the lines together forming a uniform gray. The darker the pencil mark, the darker the shade of gray. Now your finger will get pretty black so you might want to use some kleenex to rub with. Go over darker areas and smear again. Use a good eraser and useing the sharpest edge of it, use it like a, well, a eraser. rub it over the areas that you want to highlight, sometimes a little, sometimes a lot. Brush off the bits of eraser, then rub it again. That will take out the sharpe edge of the erased area and blend it in.

The hard part is to get it to look like a picture when you're done. I'll add a drawing that is incomplete showing stages of what I mean.

George

P

PredatrHuntr

Sweet...thats kinda what I have done, but I wanted to ask you because your shading is well done.

K

kithunter

i check this thread out at least once a day..it's very inspiring.

kick ass concepts.

JAILER with your permission i would like to use these images for my lecture to show the students how to start to develop their ideas.

Andrew

J

JAILER1955

ANDREW, PERMISSION GIVEN FREELY. / GEORGE

The graphite flows again.....

This one has just a few little things that I wanted to add to see how they look. I can't to head patterns worth a darn.
PREDATOR0011.jpg

I tried for a chest design with this head.
PREDATOR0012.jpg

Another Bio-helmet. I keep trying to find one that I like. If this one was ever sculpted, I thought about fixing it so that a light stick could be inserted into the laser sighting unit for an erie glow.
PREDATOR0013.jpg

I started this one based off of the AVP Elder. It didn't turn out.
PREDATOR0014.jpg

J

JAILER1955

Predatrhuntr, this buds for you.

this is the first scan of a drawing, just light pencil. We'll shade it in stages.

PREDATORSHADEING0001.jpg

J

JAILER1955

Here are a few of the things that I do, useing just the arm. Normally, I don't draw so dark i the beginning, but it will not show up unless I do.

PREDATORSHADEING0002.jpg

PREDATORSHADEING0003.jpg

PREDATORSHADEING0004.jpg

PREDATORSHADEING0005.jpg

PREDATORSHADEING0006.jpg

PREDATORSHADEING0007.jpg

P

Praetorian Hunter

Hey man, great job

You've got a real talent there mate. I love the designs man.

Id love to get your permission to sculpt one of them one day.

KEITH

"What we do in life, echos in eternity."