Jason Voorhees costume

B

bammatrooper

Hey guys i am tryin tomodify my old Jaso costume from last year
i am tryin to make it look like the Freddy vs jason one
i need some help finding good pictures of the machete caue i am tryin to make a new one out of plywood
can you guys help me out?
thanks
jared

M

MoviesColin

Plywood probably isn't your best choice... PM me your email and I will send you all the pics I have.

S

Supreme Hunter

I would post some pics but the unfortunite part of this movie is that they used 2 different types of machettes lol. there is one with a pointed end and one with a more rounded end . I think its funny.

-Chris

B

BOUNTY HAUNTER

Here's a nice closeup of mine:

It's pretty dead-on accurate to the one used in the film with the exception of the length. The machete that Jason uses in FvJ is much longer than any of his previous machetes.

Here is a pic of the actual screen-used costume pieces for reference. Note the length of the machete...

...so unless you're as tall as Ken Kirzinger...it might be a bit much for costuming. Mine is standard length since I'm only 5'6" and enjoy costuming as Jason most Halloweens. (...Hey! To little kids...I'm a friggin' giant in the costume... Lifts in the boots help, too...)

(standard length) (click)

I believe the tape wrapped around the handle was black on most of the screen-used machetes, but it's dirty-white in many of the promotional stills.

Here are a few pics of my setup on a mannequin for reference...(click)

Hope that helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
B

bammatrooper

thanks man really does help
whats the standard length?
ok well here are some pics of my machete and my shirt
my machete is still bein worked on
PHTO0046.jpg

here is the sront of my shirt that i made last halloween

PHTO0054.jpg

here is the newer side that i made a few years ago