Jir'Xar (Yautja costume WIP)

Discussion in 'Predator Costumes' started by Shogun, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Mille2ej

Mille2ej Blooded

Love the spear and all the updates! What did you make the spear from, PVC?

Shogun likes this.
  2. Shogun

Shogun Blooded

gabri Yes indeed good painting on the spear but it still needs weathering and combat damages....this spear looks too virgin ..... :D

gabri likes this.
  3. Shogun

Shogun Blooded

Mille2ej no i used simple wood ..... well simple wood, truly i used an old "Bo ken" that i had from my Karate Classes when i was younger.....it is a samuraï Boken

4. gabri

gabri Blooded

I try to make something like it for my suit but the spear will be placed on the back of the chest armour....any ideas to attaching it without broke the foam?

Shogun likes this.
  5. Jmen

Jmen Hunter

Magnets?

Shogun likes this.
  6. Shogun

Shogun Blooded

yes there is a way young gabri..... you must superglue with some hot glue on top at least 3 sangles (Small ones)... i would even sew the sangles to the EVA foam wich will make the hold pretty hard to break....
    Let me show you the clips you need to do with pictures......
    SpearTuto.JPG DSCN1953.JPG

7. Shogun

Shogun Blooded

YES ! EXACTLY magnets is good when you want to retire from battle....... but when predator hunt he needs a better way than magnets

Jmen likes this.
  8. gabri

gabri Blooded

I try with big magnets!

9. Shogun

Shogun Blooded

Greetings Yautja's of the universe! :D I bought from my friend Louis Hardy a very cool figurine of the City Hunter (PREDATOR 2) it was un-open box. So I felt like a child and opened the box, because i will use this model for reference to my costume a little bit ....... colors , armor shapes etc....

DSCN1955.JPG

Isubomo, Pestvic, Jmen and 1 other person like this.
  10. Shogun

Shogun Blooded

Greetings Yautja's ! :D I bought from my friend Louis again another PREDATOR item, with is a AVP Poster...... here it is :D 02_09_2017_04_23_56_546.jpg

Jmen likes this.
  11. Jmen

Jmen Hunter

Star Gate... love it! :cool:

Shogun likes this.
  12. Shogun

Shogun Blooded

Greetings Yautja's from all the universe! Sorry if i could not post more updates I was very busy working on my Jir'Xar head mold casting these day's and I still have to buy 2 gallons of Mold Max 30 to finish the second piece mold I am making for his head......here is a sneak peak ... 08_09_2017_20_34_57_437.jpg

LunaticNic, Isubomo and gabri like this.
  13. Shogun

Shogun Blooded

Greetings Yautja's ! :D very little update : So i am still waiting for my pay checks to arrive in order to continue he head mold :( oh well 2 weeks more wont hurt anyone. In the mean time I started the sculpt of Jir'Xar left Wrist plasma CANON Gauntlet.....yes yes the wrist canon is an idea of URATZ member here in PRedatorium....exept that this version of wrist gauntlet plasma canon will be a unique design..... 2017_09_14_02_16_54_531.jpg

Jmen likes this.
  14. Shogun

Shogun Blooded

Greetings Yautja'S around the universe and Predatorium...here is a quick update :
    • I have continued the Wrist Gauntlet Plasma Canon and Bomb with Monster Clay....
    • I have done the right foot of Jir'Xar with the Japanese Soft Synthetic Clay....
    • I repaired the hands with some latex
    • I need to make a EVA foam base for the feet of my predator wich will add 2 or 3 inches more to my height
    • I need to buy more Latex in order to make the Left foot
    • I need to buy 2 Gallons more of Mold Max 30 silicone for Jir'Xar Head molding
    • Someone told me to insert a plastic flexible container to drink some water and hydrate myself with a tube (When I wear my costume). I might insert it in the Fiberglass Backpack (Predator style of course).
    • I also will cheat a little bit by buying directly the already made Shoulder Plasma Canon wich i will integrate to my actual EVA foam armor chest piece........
    • I have to do the whole latex BodySuit or if i really have a lot of money do it in DragonSkin Silicone ..... (But this is IF i am rich enough lollllll) here is some pics of the progress... 2017_09_16_18_32_14_593.jpg 2017_09_16_18_32_38_609.jpg 2017_09_16_18_33_27_656.jpg 2017_09_16_18_33_43_171.jpg 2017_09_16_18_34_10_328.jpg

2017_09_16_18_31_53_171.jpg

Isubomo and Jmen like this.
  15. Shogun

Shogun Blooded

Quick pics of FEET! 2017_09_18_07_10_46_31.jpg 2017_09_18_07_11_28_671.jpg

Mille2ej, Isubomo and Jmen like this.
  16. Shogun

Shogun Blooded

Greetings Yautja's from the Universe! I have bought from my friend Louis 9 comic books of PREDATOR (Cold War, Big Game and AVP first serie the first one), this will give me more ideas to create my Jir'Xar story character.....here is a little photo 2017_09_19_00_37_57_968.jpg

Jmen likes this.
  17. Shogun

Shogun Blooded

Greetings Yautja's......the 2 feet are almost done and ready for Airbrushing .... I also continued to sculpt the Jir'Xar Wrist plasma canon gauntlet....the top of this canon and bomb will open in a simple mechanism but yet very deadly for the prey....hehehe.... 2017_09_19_03_51_26_484.jpg

Mille2ej and Jmen like this.
  18. Jmen

Jmen Hunter

Congrats with all this stuff! This is great:)

Shogun likes this.
  19. Shogun

Shogun Blooded

Jmen you are honest when you say that? I mean it is my first predator build ... What can i do better?

Jmen likes this.
  20. Jmen

Jmen Hunter

If i have something to say - i will say, and it always 100% true. You do really good, especially for first suit. Better? Hmm, for now - only pictures quality can be better.

21. Shogun

Shogun Blooded

Jmen and PREDATORIUM... I am touched by all your help guy's, i truly do appreciate what you do for me...... (y)

Jmen likes this.
  22. Shogun

Shogun Blooded

Alright guy's ! The FEET of Jir'Xar are completed ! YAY i am so proud of them, i worked many hours to arrive at a professionnal finish....ok it is not the best but my techniques will grow better ..... :D sorry if the pics arent good ...I dont have a flash on this camera, at the moment....
    2017_09_20_19_30_55_125.jpg

LunaticNic and Jmen like this.