Jir'Xar (Yautja costume WIP)

Discussion in 'Predator Costumes' started by Shogun, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Jmen

Jmen Hunter

Oh. my. pred. :D:D:D i dont know why, but it looks sooooo wrong :D:D:D
    its great prgress, honestly, but its sooooo wrong:lol::lol::lol:
    %81%D0%BA%D0%B0-%D0%95%D0%B4%D0%B0-%D0%9E%D1%82%D0%BA%D1%80%D1%8B%D1%82%D1%8C-%D0%A0%D0%BE%D1%82.jpg

Shogun likes this.
  2. Shogun

Shogun Blooded

hey LOL it is very hard to make a mask OK?! :p :p

Jmen likes this.
  3. Jmen

Jmen Hunter

:lol:

4. Shogun

Shogun Blooded

But yes anyway...after a first version of my Jir'Xar mask i am resculpting it much bigger... so far I have used 10 pounds of MOnster Clay and need another 5 pounds .... just for the head.... here is the progress so far.... an old Yautja said that we learn from our errors...... ;) DSCN2012.JPG DSCN2013.JPG

LunaticNic and Jmen like this.
  5. Jmen

Jmen Hunter

yep, practice is the key. Good luck with new one!

LunaticNic and Shogun like this.
  6. LunaticNic

LunaticNic Hunter

Looking good!
    And FYI for the 1:1 wolf head I sculpted I used between 15 and 20 pounds of Monster clay.

Shogun likes this.
  7. Isubomo

Isubomo Hunter

That's the spirit Bro! :D

Shogun likes this.
  8. Shogun

Shogun Blooded

Greetings Yautja Brothers and sisters...... :D I know that my first version of my Jir'Xar mask was way too small BUT here is what it gives in between ...

DSCN2014.JPG DSCN2015.JPG

Jmen, Isubomo and LunaticNic like this.
  9. Isubomo

Isubomo Hunter

eeeeek!!! Don't take my head! :D

Shogun likes this.
  10. Shogun

Shogun Blooded

LOL no i wont do NOT worry Isubomo ......... well it isnt THAT bad for a first mask..... and i have seen my errors.....there is also the fact that when I will get a very nice result, i will have to do a professionnal photoshoot with a photograph.......... I also contacted Wreav to buy a raw mask....

Isubomo and LunaticNic like this.
  11. Jmen

Jmen Hunter

That what im talking about :cool::cool::cool:

Shogun likes this.
  12. Shogun

Shogun Blooded

Today i worked very hard since this morning ...... I made a plaster mold of my left arm, so i can sculpt the left cannon and bomb gauntlet .... with his personnal holographic computer... hehehe anyway I can tell much for now .... and also worked on my Version 2.0 of my mask.... here are the images :D

IMG_0039.jpg IMG_0040.jpg IMG_0041.jpg IMG_0042.jpg

Vebo1, LunaticNic and Jmen like this.
  13. Shogun

Shogun Blooded

here is my little upgrade ;)

LunaticNic and Jmen like this.
  14. Jmen

Jmen Hunter

Scary guy)))
    I think you need more dredds and more little dredds. Do you plan it?

Shogun likes this.
  15. Shogun

Shogun Blooded

Yes Jmen ...do not worry i already have planned to buy more clay..... I can assure you that 8.5 pounds of MOnster Clay have been used on that model.......and yes I need to make more "holes" for the dreads if that is what you wanted to say ;) and more facial hair .... :D this time I saw where i had problems with.... i added more facial expressions, definition and details....

Jmen likes this.
  16. Shogun

Shogun Blooded

Guy's I found the very first skeleton of my Yautja..... here it is: 27_07_2017_05_13_17_218_by_norbert2009-dbhu1oq.jpg

17. Shogun

Shogun Blooded

One morning, at the dawn of December here on Earth, there was an entity. An entity more powerful than 10 men together…. He was “the” almost perfect hunter on the known universe. A ruthless warrior but this one gained so many knowledge that peace was more important for him and for his specie….Jir’Xar is his name….. He was on earth for many reasons at first but also for a more important mission. Defend earth from all aliens invasions… even if it was from his own kind… You would say Jir’Xar is a “Bad blood” yautja but no! Jir’Xar was well respected from the Yautja clans. He was prepared for all eventualities, Jir’Xar was very old for a Yautja, 631 years to be more exact, and kept defending earth for almost 200 years…..living here and there on different sanctuaries, monasteries, buildings……..of course this Yautja came with his own personal spaceship that he gained from his Clan Ancient yautja leader Termok. Termok sent Jir’Xar for his “Elder, hierarchic grade ritual passage”. Jir’Xar knew that this task would be one of a kind, a kind he never experienced before.

IMG_0045.jpg IMG_0046.jpg IMG_0047.jpg

IMG_0048.jpg

Jmen and LunaticNic like this.
  18. LunaticNic

LunaticNic Hunter

Nice mandibles and story!
    Just as a tip, before you go to mold it, make sure the skin between the mandibles is thicker than what you have there, as it won't come out. Made that mistake with my third sculpt.

Shogun likes this.
  19. Shogun

Shogun Blooded

LunaticNic you are right ...... i added more clay on the skin between the mandibles..... :D thank you very mucho my friend (y)

LunaticNic likes this.