LA COMIC CON @ SHRINE AUDITORIUM

I received an email from la comic con and they say EVA MENDEZ from Ghost Rider will be there as well as STAN WINSTON signning his book so ,if you guys are comming would be great to show up in full costume.

Mortal Immortal

Elite Hunter
STAN WINSTON
(TERMINATOR, ALIENS, PREDATOR, JURASSIC PARK)
signs his new book
THE WINSTON EFFECT:
THE ART AND HISTORY OF STAN WINSTON STUDIO
STAN WINSTON has created many memorable creatures and characters for the cinema, from THE TERMINATOR, PREDATOR, ALIENS, to JURASSIC PARK and EDWARD SCISSORHANDS, and along the way became an owner of four Academy Awards, three British Academy of Film and Television Awards, Two Emmy Awards, and many other awards during his 30 year career. Now, for the first time, a new book called THE WINSTON EFFECT: THE ART AND HISTORY OF STAN WINSTON STUDIO reveals the behind the scenes secrets of Stan's groundbreaking work. This 336 hardcover page book features an extensive array of previously unpublished sketches, production art, and over 500 photographs from the studio archive, in-depth contributions from Stan and all his key creative staff, and information on every film Stan has worked on. The book is written by Jody Duncan, with an introduction by James Cameron.

STAN will appear on the Convention stage at 11:30 A.M. for a special one hour question and answer session, along with a showcase of film clips. STAN will be signing all copies of THE WINSTON EFFECT purchased at the Convention from 12:30 P.M.-3:00 P.M. Below are some excerpts from THE WINSTON EFFECT. The cover to the left, with THE TERMINATOR in the center, will be the copy the Convention will have available for purchase, and retails for $50.00. THE WINSTON EFFECT book cover to the right, with Stan sculpting, is a variant cover edition, which also retails for $50.00, and is the same book, just different cover. There may be some collectors who would like to own both editions, so a special order for the variant cover can be placed by sending an email to info@comicbookscifi.com for an advance order. The Convention will have a large quantity available for purchase of the regular edition of THE WINSTON EFFECT.

ADMISSION AND TICKET INFORMATION FOR
JANUARY 14, AND FEBRUARY 11, 2007 CONVENTIONS

Admission at the SUNDAY, JANUARY 14, 2007 COMIC BOOK AND SCIENCE FICTION CONVENTION is only $8.00, five years and under are free, with a hand stamp and ticket allowing you all day access to the show. You can go out to lunch and come back to shop! EARLY ADMISSION is also available for $10.00, and you can get into the Dealer's Room to shop starting at 9:20 A.M. instead of the official opening time of 10:00 A.M. A PREMIUM ADMISSION NUMBERED TICKET is available for $20.00 (also includes early admission if you arrive before 10:00 A.M.) and expected to be included with this PREMIUM TICKET is a GHOST RIDER MOVIE CAP and POSTER, and FIRST CHANCE to receive an autograph from Guests appearing on stage (except STAN WINSTON, who will be signing THE WINSTON EFFECT). Please note that the PREMIUM ADMISSION NUMBERED TICKET does not guarantee an autograph, but you have a FIRST CHANCE with Guests who are willing to sign. KRISTIN STEWART will be signing, and it is expected MARK STEVEN JOHNSON and EVA MENDES will sign for a limited time, but this is not yet confirmed by SONY PICTURES. Check the sign posted outside the Convention with the program on JANUARY 14 for all the latest details. IMPORTANT NOTICE ABOUT PARKING AT THE JANUARY 14 CONVENTION! FROM 10:00 A.M. to 1:00 P.M. THE PARKING LOTS WILL BE FULLER THAN USUAL BECAUSE OF ANOTHER EVENT IN THE MAIN BUILDING. PLENTY OF PARKING IS AVAILABLE FOR $7.00 ACROSS THE STREET ON THE USC CAMPUS AT GATES 3 AND 5. GO SOUTH ON FIGUEROA TO ENTER USC GATE 3, WHICH IS ONLY A BLOCK FROM THE SHRINE, OR GO WEST ON JEFFERSON TO ENTER USC GATE 5 (BETWEEN JEFFERSON AND MCCLINTOCK. AFTER 1:00 P.M. THERE WILL BE PLENTY OF PARKING AT THE SHRINE.

Shrine Auditorium
Expo Center
700 West 32nd St.
Los Angeles, CA

Show Hours:
10:00 A.M.-5:00 P.M.

Last edited by a moderator:

inkmonster

Hunter
i thought the la comic con was later in the year. it seemed like it was only a month before dragon con last year. around june or july.

Head hunter

Hunter
ARRGH this is deffently not fun to read :)

why so long way from here NOOOO hehe.......hmm where can i buy a Rocketeer Jetpack that is working like in the movie :ninja:

Mortal Immortal

Elite Hunter
Not sure if I'm going to go, just a little to short of notice for me. I like to know a month ahead of time. I could make it with suit, but thats a pain in the ass drive to Little Mexico LA. The freeway really sucks, you never seen trafiic till you live So*Cal.