Laser Alignment trouble

5179julie

Having a bit of trouble in the old tri laser department. Seems the tiniest miniscule movement blows them off miles. I`ve bored out the holes in the bio so they were a good snug fit and then hot glued them in (one at a time) adjusting each to the other. Seems theres tons of movement when apparently theres not.
Is it just a case of as good as you can manage? Maybe a blob of bluetack ontop might do the job. Any ideas? Or am I asking too much.

I

inkdoctor

i was told the best way to line them up is to aim them at a mirror about 30 to 40 ft away. if you line them up to close to something then as you back away the triangle pattern gets larger. and from what i was told get 1 secure then line the second one up you may even need some sort of shims to secure it then glue. and then repeat the step with the third. and onec there all locked in with some hot glue you could put some silicone on the backside of them to help with the bouncing around. just some tips that were recomended to me hope it helps.

5179julie

Thanks for that, I`ll give it a go inkdocktor. The usual teething problems! Bought some foam dreads from aa chap in the USA about 2 weeks ago on fleabay. No sign yet, kinda wondering whats up.

I

inkdoctor

do ya know who you got them from? depending on where your located it could take a couple weeks.

5179julie

They`re from Florida. The guys ebay username is jaglizard. I`ll give it a few days yet. I`m in Scotland so I suppose it won`t be too quick with the delivery. p.s The lasers are now lined up, but for how long i don`t know!!. The old hot glue is kinda flexible and i don`t fancy using araldite incase i ever need to take them out.