Last Update! (8 Aug) Page 3

B

blk n blu dream

This one post is getting long... so check out page 2

Well I finally got a bit of time off of work and picked up the sculpting tools again. There have been quite a few changes made... well there was bound to be after one of the cats did a bit of demolition.

Check page TWHREE!

P

pirkleations

Very cool design concept so far!! Love the crown work so far. Keep up the good work and effort!! It will pay off when you see the results of your character come to life!!!

DangerDavey

N

NibsFlibble

That's pretty darn good being a newbie!!!!!

I love the concept. Keep going at it.

MORE PICS as you progress ..... PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!!

P

PredatoRob

I agree, that is pretty good! It's always fun to see new concepts and ideas. The sculpt is progressing nicely me thinks. My only question at this point would be- what're the Q-Tips for? I am still a newb at sculptin' too.

B

blk n blu dream

I was using the Q-tip to smooth out the small spaces with rubbing alcohol.. it didnt work that well... so I'm going to use a heat gun in the future- that way I can make it soft, and hopefully use my texture stamp for the skin.

This is pretty much experimental, hopefully I will be satisfied with the final product. :p

S

Savage Yautja

Just work the clay and it will soften. A Heat gun will get it too hot too fast the clay gets sticky afterr it's warmed but a heat gun could ruin the clay permanently.

B

blk n blu dream

Thanks for the heads up on the heat gun... I would have been pissed if I ruined it at that point.

I'll figure something out.

N

NibsFlibble

HOWEVER, a blow dryer would work better in warming up the clay and not overheating it.

OR ...... if you're full of hot air ....... blowing on it would have the same effect .......

P

philmar1962

I think your on the right track.....personally I like it so far and it looks like its going to turn out Great!

M

ManTroon

looks alot like Biggunns Huntress sculpt.

Looking good for a first bash with oil based clay.

Keep up the good work

B

blk n blu dream

looks alot like Biggunns Huntress sculpt.
I hope not, I want it to be unique.. it would never live up to that anyways. After it's all painted and the dreads/quills are added, it should look totally different.

T

The Big Gunns

Hey Jill..

I think he just meant the way the dreads come out looks like my sculpt. But its looking good so far... keep us posted on your progress.

B

blk n blu dream

I have quite a few sculpting tools, my sister-in-law just graduated from college (she was an Art Major) and gave me her clay supplies. I dont have as much as the picture that was posted in this thread, but I have all I need I think. (I think I have more than what I know what to do with!)

J

JAILER1955

I like it. The first thig that caught my eye was the brow, cheek bones and the larger inner mouth. Massive, strong. I would call it the grappler (wrestler) or the pugelist (boxer).

Check out my 'jailer designs predator' thread in the first forum. There might be some ideas that would be helpful for ideas for your eyes (its eyes, not yours).

George

B

blk n blu dream

Thanks Jailer, I have no idea what I will cause this gal.

As for skin detail, I'm thinking more of a reptilian look? We'll see what comes of this soon. ha ha *I hope*

P

pirkleations

You say that this is your first Predator head sculpt????

I think you are doing pretty darned good for your first project of this size and complexity!!

Not bad at all so far. And the symmetry is not all that bad for your inital sculpt.

DangerDavey