Last Update! (8 Aug) Page 3

B

blk n blu dream

Yeah this is my first Pred sculpt.. well first head of any sort really. I've done figures, but that is it.

S

ScottAS

Nice sculpt. The only thing I would change is the placement of the eyes. They should be straight infront of face and sunk in a little. The way you have it will be hard to see in front of you.

B

blk n blu dream

As you can see, quite a few more minor changes. I dont really have a whole plan unfortunately, so it's evolving as I go. As always, be honest and be loud!
Oh, and ignore the messy coffee table.. lol I promise, I DO clean my house... once a year. j/k

jul21a.jpg

jul21b.jpg

jul21.jpg

P

pirkleations

That is looking very nice so far!! For your first mask sculpt, I think you are doing and awesome job.

I do have one suggestion, if I may....

When you get the angled shapes on the dome completely to your satisfaction, blend and soften the sharp edges just a tiny bit to give a more "organic" flow like you have going around the mouth area.

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!!

DangerDavey

B

blk n blu dream

Are you talking wrinkles and skin detail? If so, I plan on it, it will be the last thing I do on it. If that's not what you are talking about, maybe you could clarify?

P

pirkleations

Yup.

Adding the skin texture to the surface of the head will "soften" the features to a more organic look. Glad you've got that on your agenda!!

Keep up the great work and posting the progress of your unique design!!

DangerDavey

B

blk n blu dream

Starting on the skin detail... any tips are appreciated for that. She's finally looking close to what I am picturing in my mind. This may sound bad, but I dont want her to look "good for the first sculpt"... though that may be what it ends up as. :dunno

24julb.png

24jula.png

24julc.png

24juld.png

B

blk n blu dream

I'm still working on fixin' up the detail, but I just want opinions on the detail patterns I chose. Just remember this isn't meant to be like any other Preds out there. I conform enough at work... I dont need to do it with my "art".

Anyways, here goes:

crown26jul.png

closeup26jul.jpg

closeagain26jul.jpg

close26jul.jpg

B

blk n blu dream

I gave it a pronounced lower jaw... this girl could snap a vertebrae with ease. I only finished half of the jaw... what do you guys/gals think? I'm trying to make it so the lower mandible-teeth cross each other when it's closed.

almost26julb.jpg

almost26jula.jpg

almost26juld.jpg

almost26julc.jpg

B

blk n blu dream

A few more details changed, still have a lot of smoothing to do. I am liking it so far, but far from being satisfied enough to even THINK about casting...

27jula.jpg

27julb.jpg

27julc.jpg

P

philmar1962

Very nice Work! I love the way it has turned out from I know, alot of hours and hard work! Great Job!

D

depredador1997

i really dig your art!!!!...as for the detail..i like the crown detail with bumps,i think those would be a great spot for quills.

B

blk n blu dream

Thanks for the compliment. ^_^

Okay onto the progress... I think I will redo the bumps on the head's left side... I also put a few quills onto her and I wish I could find the rest of em. LOL Anyways:

1auga.png

1augb.png

1augc.png

1augd.png

P

pirkleations

Damn, Jill!! Your "she-pred" is looking awesome!!

Keep it up and I'll have some more competition!!!

DangerDavey

M

MoviesColin

That looks sweet! My only irk is that it looks like the head is a little far foward on the neck.

When you're wearing it, you want your eyes as close to the eyeholes as possible.

Of course I could be an idiot and be looking at the angle wierd or something like that...

Anyways, it looks fantastic. I like your idea of having the lower mandibles criss cross...

EDIT: Looking back on it, it looks like it's just the way you sculpted the mandibles that was throwing me off.

Pay no attention to me, keep truckin!

B

blk n blu dream

It's on a duct tape head from my own head... so if it is, it's because I'm a freak of nature.

LOL, no worries. Thanks for the heads up though, I will double-check it.