Last Update! (8 Aug) Page 3

B

blk n blu dream

I still have to do the back (again) and a few detail touch-ups, so if you have any feedback, now is the time. I already adjusted the mandibles after I took pics, they werent even. I think I'm going to make the teeth out of something else... Not sure, any tips?

5auga.jpg

5augf.jpg

5auge.jpg

5augc.jpg

5augb.jpg

5augd.jpg

J

JAILER1955

I don't know if the term 'beautiful' applies to a predator, but it's beautiful.

Question, Did you have any problems involving the weight of the mandibles becasue of their size? I did.

George

B

blk n blu dream

Thanks! She needs to work on her complection though... lol a tad bit bumpy. The clay is pretty firm, but one side does have a habit of hanging lower. I havent really solved the problem yet, I am using the Monster Maker's Firm clay. If I figure something out I will let ya know.

P

pirkleations

Looks awesome. Jill!

I like the clawing on her left side. It adds a history to your character!!

I'd say do the separate mandible mold out of silicone. That way, you can sculpt some solid, smooth teeth and tusks that can be cast in resin.

DangerDavey

B

blk n blu dream

Yeah, I will be cutting off the lower mandibles before casting. I've never casted resin... this shall be interesting... :p

N

NightSlayer666

that looks very awesome, i agree, the claw marks add that certain touch. right on. -joe

A

alpha pred

First of all I cant sculpt or draw stick figures so what you have done is totally out of my league!! Your mask is going to be bad ass!! One thing I think could use some attention would be some added detail in the neck area. Lookin good!!

B

blk n blu dream

Definately, I havent really done much with the neck yet. Still looking for some good reference pics.

B

blk n blu dream

Barely updated... a little on the sides of the mouth, and played around with some quills, hard to see what it would look like w/o the dreads. :p

7augA.jpg

7augB.jpg

7augC.jpg

It may be a bit much... but whatever. I think I will shorten a LOT of the quills, so they will be more subdued, though one of my painting schemes will be rather dark. I am planning on making 2 versions, one that is more realistic than the other, which is just my own thing.

P

pirkleations

That is looking awesome, Jill!

The quills already bring the sculpt more life.

We're all excited to see it go to mold, cast and painted up!!

DangerDavey

B

blk n blu dream

Thanks for all the inputs everyone, especially pirkleations!

My last update before I do some molding action. I will be messing with it, fixin' a few minor details through the week and then I will be molding this weekend! One last question, Plaster of Paris doesnt work, correct? I'm going out and am going to try to find Ultracal30 or Pottery Plaster. I really hope I dont mess up my sculpt for nothing and screw up the molding process. lol

LastOneA.jpg

LastOneB.jpg

LastOneC.jpg

I am just doing some experimenting... the teeth will probably be made of something else, I guess I will try my hand at resin. Awwww... so many first *sniff*.

LastOneD.jpg

P

pirkleations

Jill,

I'll send you pics and info on how I cast mandibles in resin.

DangerDavey