Latex and body suit material?

S

Shovel Face Sharky

So, I'm just wondering if anyone has good links to places to get Latex for body suits.
I don't know where to get it, what kind to get or how much.
Also, I'll be needing perma wet so if you have links and ammounts for body suits, I'd appreciate that as well.

S

Savage Yautja

Monstermakers.com They have the Firm Mask Latex that works for coating a spandex suit using a foam trim roller to get a smooth skin on the suit and even build-up of the layer of latex. Figure at least a gallon to do a suit, maybe two. They also have Perma Wet for sealing, Pro Adhesive for helping the acrylic latex paints to stickto and Isopropyl Myristate to remove the Pro Adhesive if needed. Feel free to e-mail me if you need any other help.

S

Shovel Face Sharky

Thanks a lot. How much Pro Adhesive and Perma wet will I need?
I'll need to do the whole body suit, mask, hands and feet.
Thanks in advance.

S

Savage Yautja

I would think at least a 16 oz. bottle of the Pro Adhesive and a 16.oz bottle of Perma Wet. Depends on how much area you'll have to cover, depending on your size, figuring in the muscle and armor. You can always order more if you think you're getting low. I'd also order a bottle of Isopropyl Myristate for cleaning off the Pro Adhesive where you don't want it and to clean brushes. Better to have a little too much than not enough. You can always find something to use it on if you have any left over.

S

Shovel Face Sharky

Thanks a lot!
I was looking over the site and I think I'm going to get 5 gals of Latex and I was planning on the 32 oz portions of Perma Wet and Pro Adhesive, but I figured I'd check anyway.
...and by the way I'm 6'2" in stocking feet, so hopefully I'll be about 6'6" when I have the mask on

S

Savage Yautja

Cool don't forget the Isopropyl Myristate for removing any pro Adhesive if you choose to paint it on the suit vs. trying to airbrush it on. This stuff is excellent for cleaning off the brushes and anything else the adhesive gets on.