Latex Bought Out

N

NUCKING FUTS BONG

So I hear that China Bought out all our latex and are going to repackage it and sell it to a higher cost. Is this the reson why we are getting water down Crap whats up with that.

P

pirkleations

I would not be a bit surprised.

If it puts more money in their pockets, why not!

Of course, that means that if they water down and thin all of the latex, the quality of any latex product will drop dramatically.

~DangerDavey

N

NUCKING FUTS BONG

Well with this water down crap its taking longer to get to the thickness that it use to be.

T

The Mortal Immortal

Watered down crap is right, no more 10 to 15 min pooling time. Now its an hour or more to get a half way good thickness.

P

PredatoRob

So I hear that China Bought out all our latex
That's right... all the tea.

That just doesn't make sense to me. Why would China buy out all the latex? ****, China makes just about everything we use in everyday life anyways. So it's not like they're hurtin'. This angers me and I've yet to actually use latex. Sucky.

P

pirkleations

I wonder if there are still a few latex producers/manufacturers out there that have not been swayed by the Yen? Hmmm...

In the end, it will likely change how we make our costumes from now on. Depending on how much money I have to put into materials, it may be tougher to do my Halloween masks inexpensively.

~DangerDavey

I

inkdoctor

ill tell ya why they would do it gary. just what art said they buy it all up then sell it back to us for even more. i havent had to pour anything myself yet so ive only needed small amounts to do repairs and seams. fortunatly i got some good stuff for that.

S

Savage Yautja

Art where did you hear this in the first place? From what I've heard latex only stays good even in the container for so long. Also since it's a natural resource it isn't like they have all the latex made available. Too many industries use it in different fields. Medical golves, latex for moviescostumes, sheet latex for clothes, costumes, Rubies masks, ect. I doubt they could get all the latex. Besides if they watered down what they bought it would come back to bite them in the ass with the drop in quality and the subseqent drop in sales.

N

NUCKING FUTS BONG

Mel we have MM silpak and some other form SF. Mark I heard this from MY suppyer where I get more of my stuff from.

M

monsterroom

I just got in a new batch of latex in today
it did have a big price jump
$2.00 a gal.
thats not to bad most of that is shipping cost
as for China,NOT TRUE
we get latex from the manufacture not a distrubutor
if you need latex let us know

P

predmandb

Yes it is true,i was told by 2 of my suppliers. One being Silpack,2 by a fx teacher in the san fran area,both said the same thing.

C

carlart

One more reason to pre-emptively bomb them. If there are other sources, especially domestic ones like the one mosterroom is referring to that people over here will only buy from, the Chinese will have to lower their prices. But---if domestic supplies are short---the price goes up anyway.
Damnit!
carlart