latex repair and textuing ?

inkmonster

Hunter
i have a set of skins from pete mander. and for some reason on the right shoulder theres a triangle patch thats all smoothed out like it melted. unfortunalty its on the right shoulder so the armor isnt big enought to cover. is there anyway i can repair it and bring back the texture to it? it has several bumps on it and i would like to match it up to them. can i just use some latex caulk from a tube and recreate the bumps them just dab some latex over it to blend them in to the ones that are there. this is really buggin me this is gonna be a nice suit except for that flaw on the shoulder that is quite noticable.

You can use a build up of cotton wool and latex to add the texture back. You can even uses your sculpting tools to help move it around. Sounds wacky but it works. I used this on some upholstery foam stunt feet to add scales and a bit more depth to them worked out quite well.

Mortal Immortal

Elite Hunter
You could cut out a piece from the other side that is hidden by large armor and seam it on the other side. I know that sounds crazy, but it will fix the bad spot.

biohunter76

Hunter
Another idea would be to add cobosil or milled fibers to a small amount of latex to create latex paste or putty. Just roll it into small balls, stick them on and flatten them with your fingers. Use a heatgun to speed up the dry time and once it's dry to the touch you can brush over it with unthickined latex. Once it's painted, no one will notice it at all. Good luck!

inkmonster

Hunter
You could cut out a piece from the other side that is hidden by large armor and seam it on the other side. I know that sounds crazy, but it will fix the bad spot.
actually scott it dont sound crazy its actually quite brilliant. one thing i didnt think of is i could brush some ultra cal over the other shoulder to to make a mold of it. then pour some latex into that then use that piece to do the repair. casey and maverick both have great ideas to. i'll take a look into all options. thanks guys.