Looking for info on best costume oprtions

friendlyskies

Unblooded
Hi all

Just found this site again. Lost the email I was sent just before the end of the Ezboard site. Tried going to the hunterslair.com and came across some weird bondage site. Anyhoos, I'm finally in the market to actually put a Predator costume together and am looking for some helpful advice please.

I will start by saying that I am in no way capable of making anything myself, I have neither the skill nor the equipment. My problem being, therefore, that I need everything to be bought pieces. I am looking for something that is very realistic looking and would appreciate pointing to the right people.

I am looking for a complete costume, although this does not necessarily all have to come from one source. Originally I was going to go with a P1 suit but after seeing some of the other suits out there I am more open to different variations on the Predator.

What I need to know is,

Who does the best and most accurate masks?

Who is the best person to approach to paint said mask.

Does anyone make full body suits and which is best.

Is it better to go with a body suit that has the armour components already moulded in or to get these as separate elements.

If armour should be separate then who makes the best stuff.

Does anyone do animatronics for the mouth so it will open and close as well sound effects.

Sorry if this is a lot of questions and may come across as asking alot but I am very keen to get a costume together and would appreciate being able to benefit from all the experience you guys have here.

All the best

Darren

inkmonster

Hunter
well darren that depends on which direction you want to go with your suit as to which direction to point you in. i personaly like the predator 1 the best. in which case i like my pete manders body suit its not completely screen accurate but ive yet to see someone make a completely screen accurate suit. his body suits aslo work great for a AVP suit as well. as far as the armor for a p-1 suit i like carls shoulder armors the best and scott andrews torso armor. ive put pieces together from various people for my suit that i felt did a better jpb sculpting those individual pieces. i have some stuff drom db like my shin and knee armor but from what i hear hes no longer making predator items. as far as the most accurate p-1 mask the movie mask is avalible from some of the lair members. and theres some awsome AVP style suits out there to. dragonskin studios makes some awsome AVP stuff if your interested i could hook you up with him. pete mander makes some incredible AVP suits to but i havent heard from him in awhile. as far as animatronics for the masks pete also makes one as well as a few other guys here but those can get pricey. i have been painting suits if your interested and i have some of db's items left over that i plan to sell like his shoulder armors and his loincloth belt and codpiece set. hope that answers some of your questions if you want you can pm me with more if you'd like and i'll help you however i can. hopefully some others will jump in to help to.

Shai tan

Hunter
If I was just starting, I`d go Predator 1. AVP is just way too hard to find quality inscale items..... for decent prices. You can however find awesome Predator 1 stuff easilly, and for great prices.

friendlyskies

Unblooded
thanks for the pointers guys.

I have decided that I will go down the route of a P1 style predator. I have contacted Carl to ask what armour pieces he is currently making and I have a lead on a mask. I have heard mention of Pete Mander alot but could not find him in the members listings. I would love to find someone who makes a good body suit. So if anyone can put me in touch with Pete about his and also possibly his animatronics then that would be great.

Inkdoctor, PM sent thanks.

Cheers

Darren

friendlyskies

Unblooded
Hi all

Well, I'm making some progress with sourcing the different parts I'll need.

Just had a question regarding these guys "universaldesigns.ca." Is anyone familiar with them?

I couldn't make up my mind from looking at the site if they actually make the body suits or wether they just paint them up for people. Does anyone know which is the case and are they as good as they look? I have sent them an email to ask about availability but just waiting on a reply, but thought I would just ask for other people's opinions on them.

Thanks

Darren

ragacin

Unblooded
Hi all

Well, I'm making some progress with sourcing the different parts I'll need.

Just had a question regarding these guys "universaldesigns.ca." Is anyone familiar with them?

I couldn't make up my mind from looking at the site if they actually make the body suits or wether they just paint them up for people. Does anyone know which is the case and are they as good as they look? I have sent them an email to ask about availability but just waiting on a reply, but thought I would just ask for other people's opinions on them.

Thanks

Darren
Hi Darren,
David "universaldesigns.ca." is a good guy, does a lot of different stuff. Bats, X-guys etc. Works is leather and latex. But he can be a little slow to reply. Just give him a little time.

friendlyskies

Unblooded
Thanks for advice guys. Got a lead on a suit from another source at the moment. Seahunter's name came up from someone else as well so I will get in touch with him as well thanks.

Got my dreads, mask, feet, torso armour and collar ordered so far

So not much to go LOL ;)

Appreciate the help

Cheers

Darren

friendlyskies

Unblooded
Hi all

Just to say thanks for all the help I've received so far. I'm well on the way. Can't wait to actually get some of this stuff in the post now though.

Still after a few items. Would really appreciate it if anyone could point me towards a seller of any of this or contact me if they make it themselves.

Everything is for a P1 predator of course

Backpack
Shin/knee armour
Gauntlets
Crotch armour/belt
Hands

Any help would be most welcome.

All the best

Darren

inkmonster

Hunter
hi darren i still have the set of db's p-1 grion armor with the belt and loincloth included on my post of p-1 items forsale. plus a set of his p-1 thigh armor there a thick cast latex and have some cracks in the latex on the inside but should be fine once there glued and latexed to the suit. plus i still have a set of db.s shoulder armors if your interested i know you waiting for carls like me on those though.

friendlyskies

Unblooded
I got the DS body suit yesterday, like the ones posted above, and it is a fantastic piece. Also the lower part comes with braces which I thought was a nice touch.

I'm going to get a full torso spandex suit to wear underneath from spandexwear.com. They seem quite good and can supply suits in virtually any size. Anyone else used them before?

I'm almost there with finding places to get all the stuff from

Just wondering if anyone has a source for the groin guard/belt and buckle and the straps and buckle to secure the torso armour with?

I will post pics once I start to assemble the costume.

Thanks again to all for the help so far. I really appreciate it.

Darren