LORD NEMESIS second build thread

Discussion in 'Predator Costumes' started by LORD NEMESIS, Jun 2, 2016.

1. LORD NEMESIS

LORD NEMESIS Blooded

a few years ago i made my first suit and first costume ever, since then i have been over on the 405th working on spartan things. but now i have returned to where it all began. the first time around i had only 3 months and no experience to fumble through and complete my suit, many corners were cut, and while i was happy with the results it was far from my dream. So now with plenty of time and patience, i have returned to build the suit i originally envisioned. Armed with my experiences of the first suit and all of the things i have learned working on my spartan suit, i feel i can go into this with a lot more confidence.

selfie with the first suit

10392489_10152710799065218_5961830058220404215_n_zps80cc1012.jpg

new bio almost ready to start the paint up vs old bio

DSC00136_zps0tx28l52.jpg

new mask vs old mask

DSC00139_zps04uo4nph.jpg

new donor suit vs first suit

DSC00140_zps0xgozr5f.jpg

the first suit was based from a superman muscle chest, but since then the price of those has gone higher than i am willing to pay, so the new base is a vision suit from the avengers. the pros of this choice was the price being cheaper, i quite liked the base muscle definition and it is a lot more comfortable around the neck ( the superman suit neck was bulky and rubbed alot). my only con for the suit so far is that the fabric is much thinner than the superman suit and i fear that one the latex has been put on and cured the fact that the fabric is much thinner will make it flap around alot more and stick to it' self easier. i definitely expect that the latex will saturate the thinner fabric and stick the mannequin underneath where as the superman suit only minor amounts of the latex went through to the other side.
    but my first order of business will be to sew in a fly and a zipper on the back.

Jmen and LunaticNic like this.
  2. LunaticNic

LunaticNic Hunter

Always awesome to see someone return to work on a new suit!
    I'm excited what you have in-store as far as upgrades to the suit go. And as far as your "spartan things" anything you wish to share on the off topic section? I've actually been looking into making something ... similar (The Praetor suit from DOOM(2016)) once I'm done with my current pred build that is XD

3. LORD NEMESIS

LORD NEMESIS Blooded

i didn't even think of the off topic section, i may post up some stuff. i have a great deal planned for this build, some ideas i'm keen to bring to life. i may keep the the first vs new theme going, as much for my self as well as so others can see how my experience has grown

LunaticNic likes this.
  4. Nightdweller

Nightdweller Blooded

I am very keen on watching you bring this thing to life.

One tip; perhaps you can prevent the latex from sticking to the mannequin by spraying the mannequin with PVA first to act as a release agent.

Greets

Kheira

Shogun likes this.
  5. Jmen

Jmen Hunter

(y)badass!

6. LORD NEMESIS

LORD NEMESIS Blooded

i have cut out the eye holes on the bio and started the paint up. extreme weathered things seem to be my thing so i'm going for that look with my armour. going to add lots of gunk and even moss to give added visual camo as well as the idea that a predator may spend a lot of time waiting unmoving to get the drop on it's prey.

starting out
    DSC00145_zpshb89gjr5.jpg
    DSC00146a_zpsjhkgmcsh.jpg

under coat for more texture and some hightlights
    DSC00147_zpsckiitq1l.jpg
    DSC00148a_zpsfpdcofxr.jpg
    DSC00149a_zpscjl1bnpt.jpg

top coat on
    DSC00150_zpstucnm8yb.jpg
    DSC00151_zpsgnbc2c9n.jpg
    DSC00152a_zpsbpamcovx.jpg

started the weathering. this is my first time using water based paint i normally pint only with solvent based paint so it is a new learning experience

DSC00153a_zpspmthrpr7.jpg
    DSC00154_zpshpa91ign.jpg
    DSC00155_zpslsnofxkm.jpg

DSC00145_zpshb89gjr5.jpg

DSC00146a_zpsjhkgmcsh.jpg

7. LORD NEMESIS

LORD NEMESIS Blooded

i had originally constructed this for my first biuld but the idea was abandoned. hopefully i will be able to work it into my new gauntlets with the new blades, pending the weight and if the fibreglass mounting points don't crack under the force of the slide hitting the stopper when the spring is released

th_MVI_0006_zps5jvgchgt.mp4.jpg
    th_MVI_0008_zpsut4daenc.mp4.jpg

8. Nightdweller

Nightdweller Blooded

Hey I like that mechanism! :D simple but effective!

9. Jmen

Jmen Hunter

Predaror's Creed (y)

10. LORD NEMESIS

LORD NEMESIS Blooded

i feel the more simple it is the less that can go wrong

Nightdweller likes this.
  11. LORD NEMESIS

LORD NEMESIS Blooded

so a rookie mistake was made. i assumed the base the bio came with would provide adequate adhesion for the paint. I was so wrong. had to sand the whole thing back. after putting on several coats of primer the paint up begins again. this time around i decided to put the tribal markings on before weathering it. also the blade gauntlet is on the way.

DSC00156_zpscgypqwnp.jpg
    DSC00157_zps8ftsgyck.jpg
    DSC00158_zpsceyulvx8.jpg
    DSC00160_zpsh5lojfmq.jpg

12. LORD NEMESIS

LORD NEMESIS Blooded

the second paint up went well. i will probably leave it at this, though i do have a habit of continually going back to touch up my stuff. other wise i just need to cut and glue the lenses in

DSC00164_zpsc7hv64n5.jpg
    DSC00165_zpszppgk9kw.jpg
    DSC00166_zpsbsz57tai.jpg
    DSC00174_zpskwlen2h4.jpg
    DSC00168_zpsxaanicyd.jpg
    DSC00169_zpson4bnebx.jpg
    DSC00171_zpsiksancro.jpg

PredaBEAST, LunaticNic and Jmen like this.
  13. Vyrstolf

Vyrstolf Blooded

Looks good man

14. Jmen

Jmen Hunter

:eek:wow!!! awesome!

15. MAULER666

MAULER666 Unblooded

Sweet work, I would have loved to see the tribal marks embossed, that would look brutal.

16. LunaticNic

LunaticNic Hunter

Nice detailing on that Bio!

17. LORD NEMESIS

LORD NEMESIS Blooded

i did want to do it, but i have no experience with the engraving bit for my dremel so i decided to leave it for the time being

18. LORD NEMESIS

LORD NEMESIS Blooded

sewing is definitely not my strong point, however i got the fly and the zipper on the back sewn in, i also hemmed the back so that the suit fits tighter around the front. got the mannequin constructed. my mannequin is pretty unorthodox, it is a pvc frame. (and because i'm able to obtain large amounts of recycled shrink wrap) the meat of the mannequin is made entirely of shrink wrap. while i do like ductape method, i am rather on the short side so i don't fill out the suit fully. using the shrink wrap allows me to fill all the inside area of the suit giving a ot more rigid surface to the fabric which i find helps when applying the liquid latex. now i will have to spend some time working out what i will add to the suit muscle wise

DSC00176_zpsmvhkqeqw.jpg
    DSC00177a_zps3fecicpe.jpg
    DSC00178a_zpsigyhxusd.jpg
    DSC00179_zps7muzlxdw.jpg

Isubomo and Jmen like this.
  19. Isubomo

Isubomo Hunter

Nemesis, This is one excellent piece of work. Your first was already off the hook, looking forward to this one!

20. LORD NEMESIS

LORD NEMESIS Blooded

thanks isubomo, still a long way to go just beginning to get this thing fired up

just starting to get the details going on this baby

DSC00184_zpshhxmurmc.jpg
    DSC00183_zps3xocmsxv.jpg

Isubomo, LunaticNic and Jmen like this.
  21. LORD NEMESIS

LORD NEMESIS Blooded

progress is slow and tedious at the moment.on my first suit i glued extra muscles of eva foam on but i never quite got i right. so this time around with the intention of better move-ability i am sewing on the extra muscles to build up the suit. they are made from the scrap material i cut off the suit from the boot covers and cuffs around the hand, then filled with cotton wool. i have started at the lower abs and working my way up the chest. after that i will do the upper legs. i'm still undecided if i will do the back as well.

DSC00186_zpsltvic4by.jpg

this has also raised some extra questions in my mind. if i am going to put so much extra detail into the body do will i continue with my original plan of the full avp chest armour or a half style chest armour as to show off the details put into the chest. i do really like the look of the avp set, so it a hard decision

mms221-celtic1_zpsiphrhpm0.jpg
    CelticCast02_zps0bo39z6x.jpg

22. LORD NEMESIS

LORD NEMESIS Blooded

been on a bit of a break from the build. trying to get back into it, though it has been nice living the life of a "normal" person just sitting around.

the on going battle with my dreads continues, trying to get them to stop sticking to each other has proven a mission. every time i pull them apart to have another try they rip a little more. trying a few layers of mod podge, i also got a new bottle of perma wet so giving that another go. the perma wet i tried last time was quite old. wanting to get them sorted so i can put the new dread beads on.

DSC00327_zpsgjnelsen.jpg
    DSC00335_zps0p8z5yzo.jpg

started cleaning up the dread beads ready for painting.

DSC00330_zps3h5w7z8q.jpg

test fit the new blades, unfortunately the gauntlet is too small for them so i had to sand back the ends just to fit them in. this also means that it definately wont have the sliding blade mechanism in it. maybe on the next build.

DSC00331_zps7mosw8ca.jpg

Shogun, pelletta, Jmen and 2 others like this.
  23. Wreav

Wreav Community Staff

I had that issue with my first build (dreads)... I couldn't fix that so i got foam dreads instead. (I was defeated)

24. LORD NEMESIS

LORD NEMESIS Blooded

i'm waiting to see how it goes. as a last resort before i give up i think i'll try spraying plasti dip on them and if that doesn't work maybe my tears will

25. Jmen

Jmen Hunter

Wow...