LORD NEMESIS second build thread

LORD NEMESIS

Blooded
progress is slow and tedious at the moment.on my first suit i glued extra muscles of eva foam on but i never quite got i right. so this time around with the intention of better move-ability i am sewing on the extra muscles to build up the suit. they are made from the scrap material i cut off the suit from the boot covers and cuffs around the hand, then filled with cotton wool. i have started at the lower abs and working my way up the chest. after that i will do the upper legs. i'm still undecided if i will do the back as well.

DSC00186_zpsltvic4by.jpg

this has also raised some extra questions in my mind. if i am going to put so much extra detail into the body do will i continue with my original plan of the full avp chest armour or a half style chest armour as to show off the details put into the chest. i do really like the look of the avp set, so it a hard decision

mms221-celtic1_zpsiphrhpm0.jpg
CelticCast02_zps0bo39z6x.jpg

LORD NEMESIS

Blooded
been on a bit of a break from the build. trying to get back into it, though it has been nice living the life of a "normal" person just sitting around.

the on going battle with my dreads continues, trying to get them to stop sticking to each other has proven a mission. every time i pull them apart to have another try they rip a little more. trying a few layers of mod podge, i also got a new bottle of perma wet so giving that another go. the perma wet i tried last time was quite old. wanting to get them sorted so i can put the new dread beads on.

DSC00327_zpsgjnelsen.jpg
DSC00335_zps0p8z5yzo.jpg

started cleaning up the dread beads ready for painting.

DSC00330_zps3h5w7z8q.jpg

test fit the new blades, unfortunately the gauntlet is too small for them so i had to sand back the ends just to fit them in. this also means that it definately wont have the sliding blade mechanism in it. maybe on the next build.

DSC00331_zps7mosw8ca.jpg

Wreav

Elite Hunter
Community Staff
I had that issue with my first build (dreads)... I couldn't fix that so i got foam dreads instead. (I was defeated)

LORD NEMESIS

Blooded
I had that issue with my first build (dreads)... I couldn't fix that so i got foam dreads instead. (I was defeated)
i'm waiting to see how it goes. as a last resort before i give up i think i'll try spraying plasti dip on them and if that doesn't work maybe my tears will

LunaticNic

Hunter
Nice work! Btw, do you know what the tubing is called that you used? I had a picture of that kind of tube before, and took it to the local hardware store ... they had no idea what it was -_-

LORD NEMESIS

Blooded
Nice work! Btw, do you know what the tubing is called that you used? I had a picture of that kind of tube before, and took it to the local hardware store ... they had no idea what it was -_-
i call the stuff cable hide since most times i've ssen it used is to hide wiring in car sound system installs ans car wiring looms. but the packet says split loom tube. i got it from a diy car/electronics store

Vyrstolf

Blooded
They've got it at Walmart in automotive too.....but it's split all the way down to put the wires in as opposed to through, is that stuff the same way?

Isubomo

Hunter
(y)(y) Loving the progress!

That Thermal plastic generic or Worbla? Asking cause Worbla is deifintely a wonderful, wonderful material, though not cheap... If there's a generic brand for it and is cheaper, would love to know ;P

LORD NEMESIS

Blooded
Thanks! I was now able to find it on Amazon!
glad i could be of help

They've got it at Walmart in automotive too.....but it's split all the way down to put the wires in as opposed to through, is that stuff the same way?
yeh that's the stuff split down the side so can just slide the wires in. i ended up using the split and cutting about a quarter out so i could snap it over the model and just glue it on

(y)(y) Loving the progress!

That Thermal plastic generic or Worbla? Asking cause Worbla is deifintely a wonderful, wonderful material, though not cheap... If there's a generic brand for it and is cheaper, would love to know ;P
i am using worbla, there are several brands out there but the only one i can remeber the name of is wonderflex which seems to be similarly priced, at least from the places i can get it.

LORD NEMESIS

Blooded
few updates

cut and glues the lenses into my bio

DSC00390_zpsyul5i2qe.jpg

DSC00391_zpscees7b5h.jpg

DSC00396_zpsiifci0w9.jpg

DSC00397_zpswyaqxkh5.jpg

i used tinted plexiglass. cut out pieces lager enough to cover the eye hole, heated them up under the grill untill they went pliable and used the original bits i cut out to push and curve them into the holes. on the first one i left the protective layers on with the intention that the lenses wouldn't get scratched while i was shaping them in the holes. this was a mistake. definitely take off the protective layers. in the end the adhesive came off the paper and stuck to the lense, so i had to scrub it clean. the lenses also took the heat better and were easier to shape with out the paper on them.

DSC00393_zpswgyvunro.jpg

DSC00394_zpsnfdxfisd.jpg

the vision is blurred slightly with the new curved shape of the plexi glass but still well enough to see through

DSC00398_zpsiowr3x5r.jpg

DSC00399_zpsckb5uvqt.jpg

got the base coat on the gaunt and painted up the blades

DSC00383_zpserwj0no3.jpg

DSC00406_zpsbof23xiw.jpg

DSC00407_zps6srohjs9.jpg

DSC00411_zpsmginpo7e.jpg

DSC00412_zps6x1yujmm.jpg

the gaunt paint came out a lot darker than i had intended the colour is the same as i used for the bio, but it has definitely come out darker. i think i must have done a much lighter undercoat on the bio than on the gaunt. now i have to decide to either retry painting it or continue and go onto weathering

DSC00413_zpsauhpovaj.jpg

LORD NEMESIS

Blooded
done some of painting today. going to have to redo the blade. i'm not feeling the gold on silver. i'll do the markings again in a black or maybe ann off white cream colour. not sure if i like the gaunt either. i thought the gold would be a nice contrast to the base. but now i'm thinking to just highlight the damage parts with some silver instead. going to have to think on that one

DSC00418_zpsdr4sbify.jpg
DSC00428_zpsowuk08m9.jpg
DSC00429_zpseqle2g0y.jpg
DSC00433_zpsbuqrtdne.jpg
DSC00434_zps4qtpbtja.jpg

predtrooper

Blooded
I think the gold looks alright ! Most of the gold paints iv tried tend to fade after a week they start off really vibrant when first put on but go very dull quite quickly especially if left in the sun so it might look different in a week