LORD NEMESIS second build thread

Jmen

Hunter
done some of painting today. going to have to redo the blade. i'm not feeling the gold on silver. i'll do the markings again in a black or maybe ann off white cream colour. not sure if i like the gaunt either. i thought the gold would be a nice contrast to the base. but now i'm thinking to just highlight the damage parts with some silver instead. going to have to think on that one

DSC00418_zpsdr4sbify.jpg
DSC00428_zpsowuk08m9.jpg
DSC00429_zpseqle2g0y.jpg
DSC00433_zpsbuqrtdne.jpg
DSC00434_zps4qtpbtja.jpg
Will u do dry brush silver effects?
Very nice build, i love color scheme :cool:

LORD NEMESIS

Blooded
finally finished sewing in the back zipper, fly, extra ab muscles and the upper leg muscles. just need to test the suit to see how the thin frabric goes after a few coats of latex. might iron in some patches on the inside to strengthen it for armor attachment points. then if all goes well, i'll build up the skin and start the paint up. the neck ring is really big so it has me umming and arring if the full avp chest armor will conflict with it, but i guess i will cross that bridge when i get to it.

the ab muscles are foam backed bits of fabric i got from the suit and filled with cotton woll. for the leg muscles i cut up an old pair of buissness pants. cut out shapes in a foam stabaliser, glued the fabric to the foam and then sewed it in with some cotton wool on the inside to give them more depth. the ide of the foam was to absorb most of the latex so the cotton wool didn't get saturated and lose it's fluffyness.

DSC00580a_zpsoozwvlny.jpg

DSC00582a_zpsuxtfimcg.jpg

DSC00583a_zpsuuos7vs4.jpg

DSC00585a_zpsm8mvxf0o.jpg

LORD NEMESIS

Blooded
finally started applying the latex

the trusty pvc mannequin to hold it up
DSC00595a_zpsqcwb9ti6.jpg

i ended up wrapping the mannequin in baking paper to try help with separating it from the suit after the latex has dried. the first suit i done took a bit of work to peel off so hopefully the baking paper will make this step easier
DSC00597a_zpsgwc8ufe0.jpg

the vision is ready for his makeover
DSC00598a_zpst6v0qpd2.jpg

DSC00599a_zpsewmtj1qg.jpg

i have also started construcing th other gaunt/bracer, i'm using the same base design as the blade side, but i'm going to muck around and alter it to make the bomb
DSC00604_zps2dbetcpm.jpg

OldPredVA

Blooded
Wow, Lord everything is really shaping up nicely! Can't wait for more updates. Very impressive my brother. :)

LORD NEMESIS

Blooded
Wow, Lord everything is really shaping up nicely! Can't wait for more updates. Very impressive my brother. :)
thanks mate

few more layers of latex to go and then it should be ready for the paint up. i have used a lot more latex on this than the first one. i put this down to mixing the latex with acrylic paint later in the application stage instead of from the beginning. mixing it with the paint seems to give me longer pot life and makes it go on easier. i'm beginning to think painting a grey suit will be trickier. it was easy with the first one to just layer the cream, brown and then black. i'm thinking of doing light grey, dark grey and a black, but not sure it it will look as good.

DSC00608a_zpsts3rgt0h.jpg

DSC00611a_zpsj7w6dhmi.jpg

LORD NEMESIS

Blooded
i have now started the paint up. also had my first time using an air brush, it was an exciting experience. the end colour scheme is still not set in concrete. i had initially planned to do the whole predator spots, and then i thought why put so much time and effort into something you are just going to cover over with armor anyway. so now it will be some kind of gray/ black layers. i have to say i find gray harder and less fun to layer than the creams and browns i used on the first suit. but i have committed to gray so gray it will be.

DSC00614a_zpsy3vjmue7.jpg

DSC00613a_zpshhhstzoi.jpg

DSC00615a_zpsohpgk5e2.jpg

DSC00616a_zpsefsatf9q.jpg

LORD NEMESIS

Blooded
the colour is coming along nicely, i just need to slow down a bit with the air brush and be more consistent. i started on the chest armor but the first measurements came out not predator sized so i will have to keep resizing untill i get it right

DSC00662a_zpsusfkwfkk.jpg

DSC00665a_zpsa9hbktu4.jpg

DSC00666a_zps85r30azd.jpg

DSC00695_zps6cm3rnxs.jpg

LORD NEMESIS

Blooded
resized the chest. seems a lot better. it is a little big around the waist area but i will just chop some out to make it fit tighter. i decided to go with resin/fiber glass. the mask and neck seal is already really, heavy so this will add to it. might have to get into back shape before wearing it for long periods.

DSC00736_zpsxnq4lpyz.jpg

DSC00737_zpsmn9chcof.jpg

LORD NEMESIS

Blooded
got the chest up to what i think is the right size now with a lot of chopping and mucking about. back pack pepped up as well. i am getting the impression when this is done it is going to be rather heavy to wear.
DSC00810_zpskswzp7m0.jpg

DSC00811_zpscif7zqe9.jpg

DSC00812_zpsxcyyihsr.jpg

DSC00813_zpsrgjhklvq.jpg

getting the bomb gaunt done. started out with the same base as the blade side but now i am just frankenstiening it and seeing what happens. hopefully it will turn out ok when it's all done in resin and cleaned up

DSC00814_zpsxuiocr5s.jpg

DSC00815_zpsadllrccb.jpg

DSC00816_zpst3byja6j.jpg

DSC00817_zpsnah31kjp.jpg

LORD NEMESIS

Blooded
started to get some progress going. the hardening process has been dragging out.
i built a frame to keep the chest in shape while i was hardening it, and now it is strong enough to support it's own weight. the back pack and bomb gaunt are fully hardened and and i'm starting the detail work
DSC00822_zpsmbjmx8cv.jpg

DSC00836_zpsic3jbusm.jpg

DSC00839_zpsksynlpek.jpg

DSC00837_zpsazdfnlyw.jpg

DSC00840_zpszmxbolva.jpg

LORD NEMESIS

Blooded
cut the collar off the chest so that it doesn't clash with the neck ring built into my mask. sanding up the bomb gaunt and then i will start working on the computer part

DSC00861_zpsjbujggwv.jpg

DSC00862_zpsfcc159q4.jpg

DSC00863_zpszrqm8vkt.jpg

DSC00864_zpsoy7ur9n4.jpg