LORD NEMESIS second build thread

Jmen

Hunter
Oh, my friend, a looooot of sanding here... hate this part))) great progress. you gonna use it in one piece?

LORD NEMESIS

Blooded
Oh, my friend, a looooot of sanding here... hate this part))) great progress. you gonna use it in one piece?
i was just saying today i feel like i need my own prop building mr miyagi to watch and say "bog on, bog off". the plan is to cut it into two pieces front and back. but i'll try put it on the mannequin first to see if it's possible to get into in one piece, which i'm doubting at this point

Jmen

Hunter
i was just saying today i feel like i need my own prop building mr miyagi to watch and say "bog on, bog off". the plan is to cut it into two pieces front and back. but i'll try put it on the mannequin first to see if it's possible to get into in one piece, which i'm doubting at this point
gocha. will wait new pics.

LORD NEMESIS

Blooded
chest is cut in half now. i'm going to attach it with a combination of webbing and magnets. i'm not really happy with how it sits on the mannequin around the shoulder and neck area. (lots of open space) i'll get a pic up once i'm able to keep the two pieces together again. this may end up not being an issue due to the large size of my neck ring, will have to wait and see. also re employing the shoe string clamping method to glue the loom tube onto the gaunt

DSC00868_zpsvgtlmh4a.jpg

DSC00867_zpsnraw4zyf.jpg

LORD NEMESIS

Blooded
separated the suit from the mannequin for the first test fit. wrapping the mannequin in baking paper turned out to be a good idea.
made the separation process a lot easier.

DSC00876_zpsxhx9mhvu.jpg

DSC00878_zpsumy6g9aj.jpg

the armor is a bit bulky and i'm so happy with how just the skin looks it's made me question having armor,
though i'm conflicted after spending so much time and effort to make the armor

DSC00879_zpso7asq2kf.jpg

DSC00880_zpsft3cjs10.jpg

DSC00883_zpslllsj9vq.jpg

DSC00884_zpssr4fo5j4.jpg

have also discovered my dreads are separating from the mask. any recommendations on an adhesive that will be suitable
to handle the porousness of the foam and not degrade the latex?

DSC00889_zpsyvkojpcj.jpg

Jmen

Hunter
Armor is bigger, what it should be, you right. Maybe you should make it with some lighter materials? But skin texture is really good)

LORD NEMESIS

Blooded
Armor is bigger, what it should be, you right. Maybe you should make it with some lighter materials? But skin texture is really good)
i went with the heavy materials to make sure it would be able to hold the weight of the back pack and the chopper style trophy skulls on sticks i'm planning on.

i cut back the top and side bits which have made the gaps around the arms much smaller, i should be able to trip some eva and stick it around the opening now toblock the extra gap and add padding.
DSC00892_zpstisnwvn0.jpg

the armor is still too wide around the hips how ever
DSC00894_zpsdp1ctlna.jpg

i'm thinking about cutting the whole right side off and running with half armor on the front or sanding up the front side bits so that they join inside of the back instead of lining up to try bend the hips in a bit.
DSC00894a_zpsqseb5nez.jpg

DSC00891a_zps8tcmt7hy.jpg

i git the zip closed on the back and despite hemming the back it is still flabby, i guess you cant win them all. definately going to have to have the back covered on this one haha
DSC00901_zpsyd0tl9yt.jpg

LORD NEMESIS

Blooded
Good idea!
Will you repaint the numpad?
haha no chance i would leave it like that. i have already sprayed it in primer. i was thinking to engrave symbols in them but my engraver bit is too big for the size of the buttons. i will probably end up painting or doing them in marker

Jmen

Hunter
haha no chance i would leave it like that. i have already sprayed it in primer. i was thinking to engrave symbols in them but my engraver bit is too big for the size of the buttons. i will probably end up painting or doing them in marker
(y)

LORD NEMESIS

Blooded
Those are huge blades!!!
the blades i had one my first costume were puny so this time around it was go big or go home

speaking of bigger things the first canon was too small so upgraded.

DSC00944_zpsy9fcu4tm.jpg

new spine trophy. i'm planning on mounting this into the recess on the back piece of the armor

DSC00952a_zps3zdpi480.jpg

armor and gauntlet painted up. i used a different under coat this time, i wanteda dark metal but not as dark as the blade gaunt. i think it came out well.

DSC00955_zpsfw2mwqpy.jpg

DSC00956_zpsrszozyuw.jpg

DSC00945_zpsvzoucxpl.jpg

DSC00946_zpsw8tiiyv3.jpg

LORD NEMESIS

Blooded
after a few try ons i decided that i let the chest warp too much around the shoulder areas while hardening it resulting in them not wrapping around the suit properly. so with a silent tear in one eye i cut the chest armor back to just one side. the front piece is held on by clips at the top and velcro on the side, but even with hevay duty velcro the pull of the weight from the back pack side is srong and i think i will have to go clips all around to stop it.
DSC00974_zpsm5bkoqcf.jpg

DSC00983_zpststds3em.jpg

done a bit of a test fit of the canon

DSC00979_zpscms72xwf.jpg

i also wanted to see how the dreads sit over the back pack and back armor since i still have to attach 2 sticks for 2 trophy skulls onto the back. i'm not sure how they will go with my long dreads, i may have to attach tem to the sides of the back pack

DSC00977_zps9n8kganh.jpg

i had started detailing the back pack but it took a fall and cracked. had to do some extra fiberglassing to patch it up

DSC00995_zpsl3waczbj.jpg

DSC00996_zpsd6ljugvj.jpg

LORD NEMESIS

Blooded
trophy skulls ready for hardening sangheili elite and the t600 terminator. the terminator is the most difficult pep i have done to date. with the elite i liked the idea of having a trophy skull from another creature that has mandibles, but now i don't know if i will also make and attach the mandibles.

DSC01036_zpswrobelw4.jpg

DSC01038_zpsamxgvoix.jpg

DSC01040_zpss0jrgdvb.jpg

Jmen

Hunter
trophy skulls ready for hardening sangheili elite and the t600 terminator. the terminator is the most difficult pep i have done to date. with the elite i liked the idea of having a trophy skull from another creature that has mandibles, but now i don't know if i will also make and attach the mandibles.

View attachment 265819

View attachment 265820

View attachment 265821
Wow!Great job!:)
Where did you get that pdo? i know Nexxt made something similar, is it his file? Thnx.

LORD NEMESIS

Blooded
i can't remember exactly where i got this one from, don't know about nexxt. i believe the creator had a user name of sinner. unfortunately the model was unfolded inside out, this created some problems for me putting it together, in short it was a pain in the ass of a build.