Love is in the air

K

kithunter

the dead end suits

www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDxh68PXI-Q

I can watch it over and over and over...never get tired of this scene. actually it's the only scene in the film, i'll let my kids watch.... they point to it and look daddy ...it's you

T

tjm023

Couldn't agree with you more Andy! I can watch that scene from P2 a 1000 times and still get goosebumps.

Tom.

T

tommynator1024

funny, it's sort of a throwaway-scene, barely 30 seconds with them all lined up. Yet they look very much alive, everyone of them has a very detailed, distinct costume.

Now take a look at an AVP Predator. Ugh.

M

MEANGENE83

I was just watching tis video of the elder preds etc...

After he throws harrigan the pistol, he says somethin as he turns and walks away?

Is that the pred saying something? What is that sound?
Sounds to me like he is saying "intro"...

I HAVE ALWAYS WONDERED BUT NEVER ASKED?

Any ideas?

P

PredatoRob

He's grumbling at first, and then he says "Take it." After that I think he's just making noises. Grumbles, gurgles, stuff like that. I don't for sure if he's actually saying anything.

M

MoviesColin

I always thought he repeated himself.

"Take it.... take it..."

What irks me is when he is right above Keyes' team in the factory, and during one of the pred visions it sounds like he says:

"Prepare to die..."

Idk if it's a recording or what. To me, the idea of Predators speaking english ruins the "strong, silent" personification that P1 made. He rarely made a sound aside from his clicks.

That's why he was scary- you couldn't see or hear him.

P

pirkleations

I like to think that the Elder in P2 is saying to Harrigan, "See you around..." in Yautja-ese as he's walking away into the ship's depths.

Seems like this topic is flying off course...

DangerDavey

K

kithunter

not really pirk, the title of the thread is love is in the air, and we love that scene.

AM

P

PredatoRob

Colin, in the slaughterhouse scene when he's realized something is most foul, he say's "Mother of God." Listen closely. I am damn certain that's what he says, and will fight to the death anyone who disagrees. Hahaha.

C

Chancelor22

Colin was close. If you watch the movie with the subtitles on you'll get what he said. In the slaughter house it was 'Now you will die.' In the ship it was 'Take it.' Other than that it was clicky-clack.