MacGuyver's Mr. Incredible Suit Huntorial *LOTS OF PICS!*

Discussion in 'Predator Costumes' started by Macguyver, Nov 6, 2007.

1. The Director

The Director Blooded

Being a new member here I have been doing a lot of research in the Huntorial section, and well, all over the entire site. This has got to be one of the best threads created for a newbie to get started in creating a skin. The pics and links posted has been an incredible source of knowledge and info gathering for me. This is definately the way for me to go. I hope to start my skin after my wedding in two months. Hopefully I will have money left over from it or talk my wife (wow, I'll have a wife!) into giving me some, LOL! She has been very supportive of all of my hobbies, some of which are not cheap, this will be a new one.

Thanks to all those that have posted aditional links and info in here. I am really stoked to start my own. I do have a question. Are there any, um, slightly overweight Predators out there? I'm 5'11 and weigh about 230lbs. Not exactly slim waisted but not real big either. ;) I think my height combined with the Mr I suit will somewhat compensate for my uh, added girth........

Thanks again and cheers!

TitanPredator likes this.
  2. Kyra Da Psycho

Kyra Da Psycho Blooded

Hey, question, this is a very nice tutorial but could one use similar steps to make a female suit? Im thinking of using this method to create a skin of my own, It like it to be muscular too, but not sure a Mr. Incredible suit would be the best haha! Any ideas? Also could clay be used to add spikes and such along the back of the suit? Or would it not work well with laytex?

Oh! One last question, could one substitute laytex for silicone?

3. PredatorPrincess

PredatorPrincess Blooded

Wow! Thank you so much for putting this together I had seen some people just using a sharpie for the spots, way to time consuming for me. Those sponges should help so much! Great job on the suit I also love the string idea for the viens. Thanks again! :(

4. sandhunter

sandhunter Blooded

I found this huntorial very helpful, and will be doing this for a skin.(I have started with armor and bought a termokk head) this suit will do until I can get a termokk torso.I like how this site has alot of budget stuff...I never would have guessed of using foamies and such....makes me feel like early ILM on star wars pre production,lol

5. sandhunter

sandhunter Blooded

This being like in the 501st,I imagine there are lots of picture opportunities with predator fans..I only worry about posing for pics and a joint stressing and ripping..

6. Xenohunter55

Xenohunter55 Blooded

How did you do the upper chest cut?

7. RaymondBSO

RaymondBSO Unblooded

Please help me, would this Mr. I proccess work for a batsuit aswell? what should i do differently? and what would you recommend for the cape and the bat symbol? because I want it to look more like the christian bale batman suit in batman begins.

8. The Director

The Director Blooded

From the pictures it appears after a few layers of latex he cut the outer fabric, repostioned the muscle and then hot glued the fabric into the shape he wated. A little extra stuffing and then more latex to secure it all.

9. Xenohunter55

Xenohunter55 Blooded

thanks dude!

10. Grothloch

Grothloch Blooded

If you can sew at all, I would suggest taking a wetsuit pattern and spandex to make a perfect fitting spandex suit. I am currently making foam muscles and mixing acrylic paints in my latex for coloration.

11. Grothloch

Grothloch Blooded

Could anyone please tell me what adhesive would be best to attach the foam muscles to the spandex suit? Would hot glue work ok?

12. North Fl Hunter

North Fl Hunter Unblooded

I think you missed your calling....should've been a step by step do it yourself leader!!! haha, i was wondering if you rolled the first few layer or if you used the sponges from the start?

13. mano25

mano25 Unblooded

cyool

14. hunyshero74

hunyshero74 Unblooded

No kidding! that was not only a lot of work to make the suit but also putting together the how to article. Great job! Can you guys take a look at some of the pics on my FB page here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Action-Author-David-W-Gray/182552348489395 and tell me how to make a suit for an actor to wear that looks awesome and realistic. The character is 7 ft tall and 400 lbs of muscle covered in various shades of black fur. Basically black fur with blacker stripes and spots. He also has a 7 ft prehensile tail and 3 inch retractable claws and some serious fangs that hide a 14 inch tongue. This Charatcter's name is BLOOD BATH and he likes all kinds of full automatic weapons and blowing stuff up. If you want to know more about the Character you can find the book here. http://sbpra.com/davidwgray/ and how let me know how you guys would make some thing like a full suit for this demonic Cat-man. Thanks Action Author David W. Gray

15. TitanPredator

TitanPredator Blooded

absolutely amazing!!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2017
  16. Ostberg

Ostberg Blooded

Really good tutorial, i've been searching for help how to avoid getting ugly stripes from brushing on latex, now i'll be trying out those foam-brushes.
    Wonder if they will absorb some latex... =P

17. Bloodmoonhunter

Bloodmoonhunter Unblooded

That's an awesome looking suit, came out really well.

18. quakevirus

quakevirus Hunter

This thread is amazing! Looks I'm gonna be giving this a go too. Thank you for this macguyver.

19. seiller14

seiller14 Unblooded

great , the detail and help is incredible

20. METALBEAST

METALBEAST Unblooded

Sir this is the best tutorial I have ever seen! I just purchased my Mr. I suit online today!
    One question for you though. I see where you applied the latex with the suit laying on the table, I assume that you did one side, let it cure, did the back side, let it cure then applied successive coats. Does that not leave a weird seam on the sides? Phenomenal suit & very inspirational!

21. Prednuttie

Prednuttie Blooded

This is so HELPFUL and not only that it's affordable! However it would be VERY helpful to have links to each product you used and where in the world did you find a costume like that? Ebay? Amazon? By the way it's spelled Duct tape :p

22. Prednuttie

Prednuttie Blooded

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Adult-XL-Incredibles-Mr-Incredible-Muscle-Costume-/400220104509?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5d2efa273d

Is this the EXACT thing you just used? :D What did you use to harness up that costume to start the latex process? I am certain you used airbrush equipment for the whole body correct? Get back to me when you can! Thanks!

23. The Director

The Director Blooded

That is the suit that is used when refering to a Mr I suit. He states he used rollers and sponges to apply the latex.

24. Taung

Taung Unblooded

I'm sure this was asked already, but I'm also sure it would take ages to search it;
    How much latex do I need for one suit?

Thanks,
    Taung

25. WhiteWolf24

WhiteWolf24 Unblooded

What is the best paint to use when you're doing this?