MacGuyver's Mr. Incredible Suit Huntorial *LOTS OF PICS!*

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
hhhhhhhhh

great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Macguyver

Blooded
Dry times will vary between 2-3 hours up to a day to fully dry the latex. You can also speed up the dry times by using a hair dryer or a heat gun. Household fans can help shorten the time it takes to dry as well. Its ready for another layer once it is fully dry to the touch.

How long does it takes when the latex is dry? around 16-18 Celsius degrees.
When i can put on the next layer?

Dry times will vary between 2-3 hours up to a day to fully dry the latex. You can also speed up the dry times by using a hair dryer or a heat gun. Household fans can help shorten the time it takes to dry as well. Its ready for another layer once it is fully dry to the touch.
THX for the info
Well i don't have much days off..... Work Work and work

So i will be working every sunday's on it so it has 7 day's to dry

ChaoBreeder

Blooded
Is there any other muscle costume that will fit me? The Mr. I is only available in Plus size where I look. I'm about 6', and weigh 145.

The Director

Blooded
Being a new member here I have been doing a lot of research in the Huntorial section, and well, all over the entire site. This has got to be one of the best threads created for a newbie to get started in creating a skin. The pics and links posted has been an incredible source of knowledge and info gathering for me. This is definately the way for me to go. I hope to start my skin after my wedding in two months. Hopefully I will have money left over from it or talk my wife (wow, I'll have a wife!) into giving me some, LOL! She has been very supportive of all of my hobbies, some of which are not cheap, this will be a new one.

Thanks to all those that have posted aditional links and info in here. I am really stoked to start my own. I do have a question. Are there any, um, slightly overweight Predators out there? I'm 5'11 and weigh about 230lbs. Not exactly slim waisted but not real big either. ;) I think my height combined with the Mr I suit will somewhat compensate for my uh, added girth........

Thanks again and cheers!

Hey, question, this is a very nice tutorial but could one use similar steps to make a female suit? Im thinking of using this method to create a skin of my own, It like it to be muscular too, but not sure a Mr. Incredible suit would be the best haha! Any ideas? Also could clay be used to add spikes and such along the back of the suit? Or would it not work well with laytex?

Oh! One last question, could one substitute laytex for silicone?

Wow! Thank you so much for putting this together I had seen some people just using a sharpie for the spots, way to time consuming for me. Those sponges should help so much! Great job on the suit I also love the string idea for the viens. Thanks again! :(

sandhunter

Blooded
I found this huntorial very helpful, and will be doing this for a skin.(I have started with armor and bought a termokk head) this suit will do until I can get a termokk torso.I like how this site has alot of budget stuff...I never would have guessed of using foamies and such....makes me feel like early ILM on star wars pre production,lol

sandhunter

Blooded
This being like in the 501st,I imagine there are lots of picture opportunities with predator fans..I only worry about posing for pics and a joint stressing and ripping..

RaymondBSO

Unblooded
Please help me, would this Mr. I proccess work for a batsuit aswell? what should i do differently? and what would you recommend for the cape and the bat symbol? because I want it to look more like the christian bale batman suit in batman begins.

The Director

Blooded
From the pictures it appears after a few layers of latex he cut the outer fabric, repostioned the muscle and then hot glued the fabric into the shape he wated. A little extra stuffing and then more latex to secure it all.

Grothloch

Blooded
If you can sew at all, I would suggest taking a wetsuit pattern and spandex to make a perfect fitting spandex suit. I am currently making foam muscles and mixing acrylic paints in my latex for coloration.