MacGuyver's PREDATOR Costume

Macguyver

Blooded
I began making it over 2 years ago now. Although, it's been a project that I'd been planning to do for a number of years now. Mostly due to the reason that I'd seen thousands of costumes throughout years of attending the infamous annual Halloween bash in Madison, Wisconsin...& never once saw a full Predator suit. So, I became the first to pull it off & had such a great time in doing so, (coming up w/ the ideas for parts, creation process, etc.) that I have no reason to stop now!

I continue to enjoy all the aspects of turning the Predator into a reality, weaponry & all. Basically, all of us here at the Lair are creating something in reality...that never really existed in reality in the first place!
I've made peace w/ the fact that it'll probably NEVER be completely finished, just more likely to drive me completely insane...but I'm cool w/ that too & it hasn't stopped me yet!!!

EVERYONE, PLEASE ENJOY THESE NEW UPDATED PICS!!!

IMG_1784-DornLot4.jpg

IMG_1776-DornLot1.jpg

IMG_1779-DornLot3.jpg

IMG_1778-DornLot2.jpg

Saying "Thanks" to the Manager at my favorite local Hardware Store!
IMG_1788-DornLot5_PredMark.jpg

Images from "The Hunt" (aka Halloween 2007)
IMG_1789-Wandos.jpg

IMG_1767-ClubTavern3.jpg

Very nice!!!! It is especially satisfying to make these costumes out of things found, cheaper, and mostly original. Looking forward to your progress.

Macguyver

Blooded
looks awsome macguyver B)

where ya get those hands from?

FIRST, THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR THE FEEDBACK!!!

THE HANDS...I had a feeling someone was gonna asked me about those.

I picked 'em up at a local costume shop. They actually closely resemble the hands of the Ring Wraths from Lord of the Rings, but not any type of licensed version. I think the tag said they were "Midevil Armor Gloves" or something like that. ;)

The best thing I liked about these is that they're not an entire "glove" per say, because the armor-looking part is really a latex molded piece which covers the entire top & sides of the hands & fingers. The actual "glove" is attached underneath at the finger joints & is made of very thin black spandex. This worked AWESOME, since I didn't have to worry about my hands getting all sweaty/slippery inside of a full latex glove. It gave an incredibly realistic look & allowed me full flexibility w/o ever being overly uncomfortable...I could pick up small items like a coin, pencil, etc. w/ natural ease! No one ever even noticed the black spandex glove my hand was really in!
It also had a large "spiked armor" looking latex piece that covered the entire top of the forearm up to the elbow, but I cut that off & later used it as a covering for the blade gauntlet top at the very last minute.

I plan to pick up another pair of these to use for making the AVP feet/toe armor. I'd also used them as a good reference for painting all the other armor parts, of which I did ALL w/o the use of an airbrush. I used several different colors of hammered spray paint & some sponge stippling/blotting techniques, followed by a silver paint pen on all the outer edge areas of the armor.
I never thought it'd end up looking as sweet as it actually did turn out!!!

Mannowar

Hunter
Nice job overall... I especially like the design of that Bio. Did you or someone here on the Lair make it?

Macguyver

Blooded
Nice job overall... I especially like the design of that Bio. Did you or someone here on the Lair make it?
Thanks Man! :rolleyes:

The Bio is my own creation, though it was based on Hot Toys AVP Ancient Predator. Still plan to redo it to add in a lot more detail I didn't have time to finish when I'd made it. I just posted a new topic about how I did it in the Huntorials.

I think you'll be rather surprised how I built it! Below is the link for ya!

HOW TO "MacGuyver" A BIO

Woah.......... I think I just wet myself.

How much did the gloves cost?

Overall, very sweet. The first pic kinda reminds me of Shredder from TMNT.

Keep on rockin' :rolleyes:

HELL WARRIOR

Unblooded
OK, I FINALLY GOT AROUND TO SCANNING & EDITING A TON MORE PICS INTO MY PC TODAY!!!

I began making it over 1 1/2 years ago. Although, it's been a project that I'd been planning to do for a number of years now. Mostly due to the reason that I'd seen thousands of costumes throughout years of attending the infamous annual Halloween bash in Madison, Wisconsin...& never once saw a full Predator suit. So, I became the first to pull it off & had such a great time in doing so, (coming up w/ the ideas for parts, creation process, etc.) that I have no reason to stop now!

I continue to enjoy all the aspects of turning the Predator into a reality, weaponry & all. Basically, all of us here at the Lair are creating something into reality...that never really existed in reality in the first place!
I'm cool w/ the fact that it'll probably NEVER be completely finished, even more likely to just drive me completely insane...but I'm cool w/ that too & it hasn't stopped me yet!!!

EVERYONE, PLEASE ENJOY THESE PICS!!!

***ALSO, KEEP CHECKING BACK IN THE "HUNTORIALS", I'LL BE ADDING MORE OF MY PICS THERE SOON, SINCE MY ENTIRE SUIT WAS MADE OUT OF COMMONLY FOUND ITEMS, STUFF MOST PEOPLE WOULD NEVER IMAGINE POSSIBLE!!!***
Whoa man, thats an massive looking predator costume.
I like those gaunts, they are so MASSIVE, pretty aggresive style.
You have some pics where u are in this armor with helmet and weaponary together with muscless and skin?
Keep hunting! :rolleyes:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Macguyver

Blooded
Whoa man, thats an massive looking predator costume.
I like those gaunts, they are so MASSIVE, pretty aggresive style.
You have some pics where u are in this armor with helmet and weaponary together with muscless and skin?
Keep hunting! :rolleyes:)
The first pic is me wearing the suit last Halloween. Although the pics of the armor on the red suit are on my duct tape dummy which is actually exactly what it will look like when it's on me since the duct tape dummy was built to my own body's dimensions. I still will be latexing over the suit to give it a more realistic look. I've never been satisfied by the gaunts I made for it, so I'd like to get a pair from Ruffkin as soon as I can afford them.

Thanks for the post!

The first pic is me wearing the suit last Halloween. Although the pics of the armor on the red suit are on my duct tape dummy which is actually exactly what it will look like when it's on me since the duct tape dummy was built to my own body's dimensions. I still will be latexing over the suit to give it a more realistic look. I've never been satisfied by the gaunts I made for it, so I'd like to get a pair from Ruffkin as soon as I can afford them.

Thanks for the post!

Thats wicked Aaron I finished my suit :) you can find it here [URL="http://www.thehunterslair.com/index.php?sh...amp;#entry42927"]http://www.thehunterslair.com/index.php?sh...amp;#entry42927[/URL]

Don't be a stranger PM me soon yeah

mumbaki

Hunter
Been a fan of the suit from the start!!!! Awesome skin and most specially the gaunlet blades are totally awesome!!!!!
One of the best pred suit I've seen so far!!!! Good job!!!! :unsure:
If you dont mind me asking what's your build cost so far?

mumbaki :eek:

Macguyver

Blooded
Been a fan of the suit from the start!!!! Awesome skin and most specially the gaunlet blades are totally awesome!!!!!
One of the best pred suit I've seen so far!!!! Good job!!!! :eek:
If you dont mind me asking what's your build cost so far?

mumbaki
Thanks, bro'! My build cost so far :unsure: ...uhhh, well that's a tough one. Not too sure since I've spent far more on experimenting w/ different materials & methods than what ended up being used for the actual costume. I haven't done any real sort of breakdown because it'd probably just make my head explode. Although, I've kept all my receipts & it was a great excuse to buy a ton of new tools, which is always fun!

I guess at this point I've done it for the love of just doing it & to hell w/ the numbers but I'll always try to figure out the cheapest, most effective way to reach the desired end result.

keefer

Hunter
Faaaaaaaaaaaantastico!!!! Reallly like how the blades turned out!!!! Skin looks awesome too!!!!!!

Macguyver

Blooded
Rockin' suit. I dig the "lightsaber blades".
I was always partial to calling them "Invisiblades". When the LED's are turned off, the blades are totally transparent & look like crystal clear glass. My blades were a HUGE hit this year w/ everyone who saw it!

I also even have these blades installed on my blade extension device, of which packs one helluva punch! It thrusts them out around 8" in less than half a second.

At one Halloween party, I had the blades cocked & ready to shoot out when I saw these two unsuspecting girls walk up to me. I looked at them, slowly raised my arm and turned on the blue LED's w/ the palm controller switch, half way through the girls' "Ohhhh's & Ahhh's" I hit the blade release button & they burst out to full extension w/ such force that it made one of the girls jump so much that she threw her entire FULL drink directly into her friends face! :unsure: Thankfully, they already had a few drinks in them & weren't able to do anything other than just burst into laughter & applause about the whole embarrassing situation! :eek: I bought 'em both a drink to help remedy the scare I'd given them, but that was honestly one of the funniest things I've ever seen & made all my work feel well worth it!