Mandela effect...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Talk' started by City90pet, Jun 26, 2016.

1. City90pet

City90pet Hunter

Ok, I never heard about the Mandela effect until tonight. It's a phenomenon where people all have the same wrong memory of something. For example; the bearenstein bears. Its actually the barenstain bears, but we all remember it being said and pronounced bearenstein. The theory is that it's a parallel universe. I bring it up on predatorium because I remember always thinking The Predator was the movies name, not just Predator. It's so freaky, and what if in a parallel universe there are other things or even Yautja? There is a lot of examples of the Mandela effect, and it's an exiting subject!!!

KingJamie likes this.
  2. KingJamie

KingJamie Blooded

Interesting you should bring this up. Co-incident(ce)? Not more than twelve hours ago I spoke to an old friend of mine who happens to be a professor at Stanford with a background in quantum mechanics. We were discussing new discoveries in the field which had taken place over the past ten years and the topic of quantum entanglement was where we spent most of our conversation. Things like spooky action, Schrödinger's cat, etc., and, or course… Mandela. Yes way!

The Mandela effect was relevant due to the fact that it follows a particular prevailing theory that a quantum system can exist as a combination of multiple states corresponding to different possible outcomes. And that a quantum system remained in what is called a superposition until it interacted with, or was observed by, the external world, at which time the superposition collapses into one or another of the possible definite states.

Per our conversation just 12 hours ago, I SHIT YOU NOT, it was theorized that people can remember something one way and then all of a sudden find their memory at odds with the reality of that something being different from how they remember it might have something to do with our perception of the external world re-collapsing as a result of a change in collective consciousness.

Talk about spooky!

City90pet likes this.
  3. Wreav

Wreav Community Staff

Alternate realities. Now that is an interesting topic I wrote an entire 100,000 page novel amongst my other dozens of novels within my book series titled 'The Beings' now from my own experience of having different memories that simply do not add up one of them was the 'Triple Decker Bus' it was yellow three floors I was 4 and I can remember that memory so perfectly as if it was yesterday. My family around me denied it saying it was a factual impossibility that it was there on that certain time of day. But I saw it and it has been in my mind ever since. (And this has nothing to do with my families history of seeing future events.) I'm not going to lie but I did predict that I would meet Jamie in a dream before I even knew him. I'm not going to go into too much detail but his appearance was extremely important because I believe certain people come at certain times in order to educate or help you with something.
    Furthermore many of my friends have seen me in two places at once... Also the freakiest of them all is me knowing who is speaking about me or feeling when someone is talking about me. I have scared dozens of people with me randomly saying I feel as if someone is talking about me. Hence why I have the nick name 6th sense.

Watch the movie Source Code if you're interested with alternate realities it's a nice film. Sometimes alternate realities combine with out time line.
    Which is possible if you understand the whole theme from a novelists point of view. For example in the Fate series the character of Kiritsugu Emiya who slows/speeds up time and as a result time must realign itself and things happen that are in most cases naked to the human eye so others don't see it so the memories of the individual are still there but... who knows. It's like a loop in time that only you can access.

Nightdweller, City90pet and KingJamie like this.
  4. KingJamie

KingJamie Blooded

Wreav, that just blew me away! I do not believe in random happenstance nor do I believe you or City90pet do either. All things happen for a reason and I believe the reason behind all things is a collective reason, a collective intelligence if you will, unknown to the individual's thoughts and perception of things here on the surface.

Damn good thread!

City90pet and Wreav like this.
  5. Wreav

Wreav Community Staff

From my book I essentially believe that there is an architect like figure who connects strings and once they touch or fuse with one another they form a circuit this triggers a chain reaction that can lead unwanted/stray strings into the mix. That may also be a reason to why people experience these things.

'Interstellar' echoes in the distance.

Nightdweller and City90pet like this.
  6. City90pet

City90pet Hunter

It's strange, because I usually try to find out all I can about strange stuff!! And this is the first time I've heard of the Mandela effect. But...have experienced it bforev, just never knew it was an actual thing.

Wreav likes this.
  7. City90pet

City90pet Hunter

You are smart Wreav!!! I understand what you are saying!!! Another example is I can only imagine u with an American accent. Not an English one, wooow. And maybe it makes Yautja real in the parallel universe? That's why we are so obsessed with them in this one!!! And....maybe the City Hunter is my baby daddy in the other parallel!???!? That's why I love him so much!!! Is it possible to be jealous of yourself? How the hell can I switch parallels????? I better not see myself on the way...I'll kick my own ass for touching City!!! Oh...I have to figure this out

Wreav likes this.
  8. BENSIN

BENSIN Hunter

I would love it if the Mandela effect applied to the movie Predators and it turns out that every one thought that abomination of a movie was made, but in reality it wasn't made and never existed.

City90pet likes this.
  9. City90pet

City90pet Hunter

The classic predator looked good, and I would have saved his ass. Don't underestimate my love for the Yautja...nobody comes close.

10. BENSIN

BENSIN Hunter

I would have choke slammed every one on set and then I'd have taken a squat poop RIGHT THERE on the spot and I would have used the script to wipe my bumbum.

11. Nightdweller

Nightdweller Blooded

Oh dear I have had some spooky stuff happen lately. Mostly it was music. I was at home, suddenly thinking of a song I hadn't heard in a long time, not even a song that I really like... (yesterday it was Mambo no. 5) and then 6 hours later I find myself in the mall and the very same song starts playing. That has happened to me a few times already!

But back on topic, the first time something mandela-effect-like happened to me was in first grade when I was a kid. I sat there and the teacher stood up and told us that we had the afternoon off. So I stayed at home in the afternoon. The phone rang and the teacher was asking my mum why I was missing in class. I could have sworn to God that she had said that we had the afternoon off! This was so crazy! I felt so stupid for that. Every time since that happened I feel like I'm losing my mind when something similar happens. I always feel so stupid :( but maybe it's not so stupid as I thought?

I also believe that all creatures of myth exist in one way or another.

Greetings
    Kheira

City90pet and KingJamie like this.
  12. KingJamie

KingJamie Blooded

You're definitely not stupid! Strange unexplained shit happens all the time to so many people, but very few have the courage to share their experience with others as you just did for fear of being ridiculed. You're not alone Kheira (y)

Nightdweller likes this.
  13. Nightdweller

Nightdweller Blooded

Thanks Jamie... it's just impossible to explain to people where those "false memories" come from. My husband suffers the same thing. I still tell him that I believe him, even if the events he recalls never happened. At least I know that he would not lie to me intentionally. If he tells me something, I know that it's at least real to him.

Greetings
    Kheira

14. City90pet

City90pet Hunter

Weird. But you're not alone, it's like when you know someone said one thing, then hey say they didn't!!! It has to be a phenomenon, just like the Mandela effect

Jmen likes this.