mask advice for newbie...

goulds

Unblooded
Hi newbie here, already got bio mask and have latex mask on order being made by termokk with neck ring iv decided to go the whole way and start a suit build i was wondering how do you guys keep bio mask on over the latex mask iv heard some glue a small magnet onto inside of bio mask and also inside latex mask ,is this a good idea what sort of glue would you advise to use and can it damage the latex etc any advise would be appreciated ...

Most use rare earth magnets about the size of a quarter. You're probably going to want to use a two part epoxy or something similar. There is a chance the magnets will cause wear over time but I've seen some avoid it by putting felt over any magnets that come into contact with a painted mask. Hope that helps.

goulds

Unblooded
Most use rare earth magnets about the size of a quarter. You're probably going to want to use a two part epoxy or something similar. There is a chance the magnets will cause wear over time but I've seen some avoid it by putting felt over any magnets that come into contact with a painted mask. Hope that helps.

wonko

Hunter
Rare earth magnets are what I use, and are the way to go. You want to avoid any heat, so as Tom said 2 part epoxy is the way to go. I use 4 1/2 inch magnets... one in each mandible, and 2 on top of the head. It's about perfect for me, but I have Corey's 2.0 bio and mask. If you're going bigger you may need to use bigger magnets or add one or 2 to hold it on securely.

Brian