Meet grandad

M

Maverick118

Well I have managed to set aside some time to get this old boy cast.

elderpullfront.jpg

predelderleft.jpg

predelderright.jpg

I'm quite happy with the end result, the flashing is tissuse thin around the crown and the jawline, so should be a snap to trim off. It has a couple of air bubbles that need filling, but that should be easy to do with some thick latex and some care. Not bad for me, I'm quite chuffed

T

The Big Gunns

Nice first pull! Have you cast the teeth and mandibles yet?
~Mel

D

drgnfyre4

You know that has to be a great feeling the moment you pull that from the mold and see your hard work paid off! Looks really good, it is not easy getting a sculpt to the fun stage of having your first copy...great job!

M

Maverick118

Thanks you two, it was a tense moment pulling it from the mold, as the last one I sculpted and molded was a bit rubbish when I did a pull. But we live and learn. The mandibles are molded too Mel and I was thinking of using sculpey for some teeth as I'm not up on using resin and silicone as much as I'd like to be. Though I have sculpted the teeth in oil clay and molded them in silicone putty. So I will be making some resin tests soon. I'll put a few pics up when he's all in one piece and ready for painting. Should be fun as I've never used an airbrush before, but then again I had never sculpted before either I came on the lair

M

Maverick118

Thanks Andy, I'm going to order a new batch of latex next week as I'm down to my last 5kg jug. Once I've gotten 3 or 4 good pulls, several may be winging their way across the atlantic, so you and a couple of others may be getting a PM from me in the next few weeks