Milliput... What is it and where can I find some?

P

PredatoRob

Well, like the title says what exactly is it, and where can I find it? I've found an old Predator model (Biliken Aliens Vs. Predator comicbook version) I had stripped and never got to painting it. I ground the mandibles off of it so I could sculpt a helmet over his face, and I've heard good things about this Milliput stuff. The stuff sounds like something you'd use for plumbing purposes... but I'm not sure.

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!!

S

ScottAS

It is plumbers putty just different grades. You can get at any hardware store or order online XP

P

PredatoRob

Ah HAH!! I found some at a local hobby/model shop. Thanks for the replies fellas! Now Im off to play around with this stuff.

T

tk5269

I´m going to London next week and was wondering if any one knows where I can get milliput in central London.

Any good hoby stores around.

Y

yautjafanboy

Ive used both plumbers putty and milliput and the milliput works better it sticks to pretty much everything and when its dry it turns to stone and can be drilled, sanded, lathed, anything really, without big chunks breaking off, which is what I found the plumbers putty to do

Anyone wants milliput, I can get it in white (superfine) grey (regular) and terracotta (regular) usually about £5 a box and it goes pretty far, Ill glady get you some and mail it out. just pm me.

A

asy0uw1sh

Do any of you think a person could use this to make a quick Bio?

-Alan

Y

yautjafanboy

I reckon so but you would need a lot of it and it would be pretty damn heavy tho it weighs like stone when its dry. the bio would be too heavy to wear but itd make a good display peice.

P

PredatoRob

Display piece is pretty much all you'd be able to do with it. Firstly, you have to get used to working with it, then you have to be able to mix it right everytime so that no areas are tacky. It's a pain to get used to, but once you do it's not that bad. I've found a local distributor for about $12. A tad expensive, but it's worth it. If you can mix it right. Yeah, that's right I had a bastard of a time trying to get it to mix right. Oh well, live and learn.