Molding AND Casting

P

Predfreak

Hey all,

here is my first attempt at molding and casting.

Ever since i saw the Stargate movie i have always wanted a Anubis helmet (jackal head) I was lucky enough to buy one cast from the original molds from eBay.

I have never molded or cast anything before, so this was a big challenge for me. I have learned a lot and over come all the problems that comes with lack of experience.

Take a look at my molds, the kit and the finished product, any comments greatly appreciated.........

AnubisMouldpics.jpg

anubis1a.jpg

Anubis9.jpg

Anubis8.jpg

Anubis10.jpg

PredBanner.jpg

P

pirkleations

Great molding job!!

But please be careful about the copyright issues that may arise. Vero is an auction "watchdog" on EBay that looks for copywritten items like this and shuts them down.

My advice would be to keep it low-profile and possibly just use your castings for trade, rather than for selling. Especially if you did not sculpt the item yourself.

Just watchin' out for ya, Bro!

~DangerDavey

P

Predfreak

Thank you Pirk,

Thank you also for the advice about eBay, i have sold several of these masks, but mainly just to recover the costs of rubber, resin and so on.

I know what you mean about Vero, i had a UK size pred mask for sale on eBay and they took it off within 2 days. They haven't bothered with my Anubis helmet as yet.

I did not sculpt the helmet (wishes i had the talent) i probably will sell a few more, then see if people are interested in trades for pred stuff..............

Thanx again

PredBanner.jpg