More Bio Goodness - White Bonzrus Bio

wonko

Hunter
Of all the bio's I've seen, Hippies white Porsche is probably one of my favorites.  I knew one day I would have to have my own white bio.  I have a Porsche, but didn't want to repaint it, so I used one of Steve's (Bonzrus) bios that I happen to have.  It is a repaint, so the prep work was already done.  I used a gloss white lacquer paint with a high gloss clear coat.  It's really difficult to see the sheen of this in the pics, but I assure you it's like looking into a white mirror.  I decided I wanted the tri laser silver, so I got out the Rub-N-Buff and away I went.  After seeing the results, I decided to also apply it to the tri hose part as well as the port on the lower 'cheek' area.  Once again, the lenses have 3 layers.  I used clear acrylic in front, placed the silver mesh behind it, and backed it up with polished aluminum.  Since it's only a display piece there's no need for them to be see-through.  I may at some point swap out the polished aluminum back plates for some type of red lenses material.  Having struggled with lasers before, I now use LED's in all my bio's.  The first thing I do is drill small holes all the way through the laser tip and housing.  I then drill the holes in the housing to fit the 5mm LED's I use.  The back of the tri laser tip is then drilled with the same size bit, but not all the way through.  The effect it gives is smaller 'dots' that in my opinion look better than the 5mm LED poking through.   The finish is not perfect, but good enough for me!

Brian

wbwm9_zps9da4629f.jpg

wbwm2_zpsf760ec49.jpg

wbwm4_zps30b39315.jpg

wbwm8_zpsc0886c2e.jpg

wbeye_zps6cb7d405.jpg

wbwm7_zpsd0889d69.jpg

MiamiSett

Young Blood
I'd like to see this with the red lenses.  I've seen the porsche with blue lenses which looks awesome.  But red will really set it off, imo.

BonzRus

Hunter
Brian, I love it! I have always been partial as well of the white bio as it is very clean looking and you have done an outstanding job on this one. Good use of the silver accents as well. Just a sweet looking lid my friend. Very well done...

Steve

wonko

Hunter
made007 said:
White devil!
El diablo blanco! lol

TRI_LASER said:
Looks like a mint. I want to eat it.  :p
So I guess it's "tasty looking", eh?  

MiamiSett said:
I'd like to see this with the red lenses.  I've seen the porsche with blue lenses which looks awesome.  But red will really set it off, imo.
I love that Chris used the blue lenses, and would have done the same, except I don't want to be 'one of those guys' so to speak.  I'm looking at some red motorcycle face shields that I may order... we'll see.

BonzRus said:
Brian, I love it! I have always been partial as well of the white bio as it is very clean looking and you have done an outstanding job on this one. Good use of the silver accents as well. Just a sweet looking lid my friend. Very well done...

Steve
Much appreciated Steve.  Your bio lends itself to clean paint, as there's no flaws to have to deal with.  The most time was spent waiting for the lacquer to dry (I have a love/hate relationship with the stuff) lol.

Thanks for the feedback guys!

Brian 

Hippie

Blooded
Well my friend. What can I say.
Firstly thanks for the kind words about my porker. However this fella makes mine look tatty. I love super shiney and I love white. But the Bonzo just suits it so well with the perfect symmetry and such clean lines.
It's stunning buddy, just stunning.
Easily one of the sharpest looking bios I've seen. Which of course means that I now hate you.

Now Im off to start a 'Wonko is a wanker' thread.  :p

wonko

Hunter
Hippie said:
Well my friend. What can I say.
Firstly thanks for the kind words about my porker. However this fella makes mine look tatty. I love super shiney and I love white. But the Bonzo just suits it so well with the perfect symmetry and such clean lines.
It's stunning buddy, just stunning.
Easily one of the sharpest looking bios I've seen. Which of course means that I now hate you.

Now Im off to start a 'Wonko is a wanker' thread.  :p
ROTFL      

The inspiration came from you Chris, All I did was make one of my own.  As far as your porker looking tatty... hardly.  The blue lenses and LED's complete the look, and set it apart from the usual silver lenses with red lasers.  I absolutely agree with the 'near perfection' of this bio.  In some senses I may go so far as to say maybe a little too perfect  o_O (wait, what did he just say???) lol.  It's the best I've come across for these types of paint jobs, and I am in the process of obtaining a couple more to do a gloss black and a ???????  Ayway, thanks for the compliments... they mean allot coming from you!

P.S.  I'll be watching out for that thread lol

JehdinThwei said:
Like. Like. Like.
....and 5 stars :)
Thanks for the likes and 5 star rating (Feels to me like more of a 3, but I'll take it  :D)!

Brian

made007

Elite Hunter
I said white devil because i was watchin ace ventura 2 the other day, "ikuisu uhya!!" White devil, LOL

But seriously, i must get a bonz bio, its so perfect
Great job wonk, love what your doing with bios, keep it up :)

wonko

Hunter
made007 said:
I said white devil because i was watchin ace ventura 2 the other day, "ikuisu uhya!!" White devil, LOL

But seriously, i must get a bonz bio, its so perfect
Great job wonk, love what your doing with bios, keep it up :)
Makes perfect sense now lol.  I highly recommend the bio if you're looking for an easy project.  There were probably 2 or 3 spots that needed a little (and I mean very little) attention, and that was all.  As anyone with paint experience knows, the finish will only be as good as the prepped base, and this one needs hardly any prep before laying down the paint.  I'm having fun with the bios, and have a few more ideas I'd like to do.  I really need to get my sculpt finished so I can really go crazy.  

Brian 

Grothloch

Blooded
Nicely done Brian.  Silver accents go so well with glossy white. I might just have to get one of those from Steve as well!

wonko

Hunter
Grothloch said:
Nicely done Brian.  Silver accents go so well with glossy white. I might just have to get one of those from Steve as well!
Thanks Bud!  Everyone should own a Bonzo bio!

Brian