My Armour (still in progress) new pics

Y

yautjafanboy

Heres my armour, Its made from Foam camping mats, I got an old t-shirt cut off the arms and slit it around the shoulders so that It lay flat, Drew around it with a CD marker pen, cut it out and superglued it shut down the sides, Its AVP inspired but not exact, just like my "budga caster" I want my pred to be as unique but recogniseable as possible, I gave it a quick paint job on the front as a test to see how the paint held to it, added bits of thin foam sheeting (arts and crafts store) and superglued them onto it added a peice of backer rod and stuff and made a plasma pak from foam, just guesswork mainly but kit parts n stuff glued on, its lookin good, lightweight and fits like a dream, Ill keep you guys posted on its progress.

Last edited by a moderator:
J

josephchoi

looks GREAT man.
Lovei it. kinda like a P1 and AVP crossover imo...

J

juggalo ant

thats really kool
i tried to do the same thing with cardboard...and well..it didnt turn out so good

Y

yautjafanboy

yeah I started in cardboard, I know what you mean but those foam camping mats are great, superglue sticks em together like cement, they are light as hell and they allow breathing room.

Foam! the way of the future! lol

T

The Mortal Immortal

I like it. You have some skills, you need a better camera.

Y

yautjafanboy

thanks scott, coming from you I take that as a Huge compliment, Ive seen your stuff it awesome, i gotta get one of your shurikens, I know my dumb ass phone camera sucks, I need a good digicam. time to sell a kidney methinks, you can do that on ebay right?l

W

waynes manners

It looks great, I really like the idea of the hin backer rod as trim. Helluva idea!

Shawn

Y

yautjafanboy

Just a quickie update, my armour is painted now, here it is with my bio neck rings and a couple of dreads.
photo02741mo.jpg

ill post some better pics soon.

R

Round Hammer

That looks as good as any resin or fiberglass armor, and I'll imagine you'll be more comfortable than those using latex, well done!

P

pirkleations

Excellent work on that chest armor!!

Make sure you get lots of sharp, clear pictures so that we can emulate your technique.

DangerDavey

M

Maverick118

That looks proper Bo' that does. Nice work on the armour, nice look and totally custom. Cool stuff....gotta love custom suits.

R

Round Hammer

yautjafanboy, I have a question. I see that some of th eparts have curves to them. How did you curve them and get them to hold that shape?

Y

yautjafanboy

roundhammer, the curves were just from bending the foam to where I wanted it and superglueing and holding, it holds pretty tight and if there was a chance it wouldnt be secure enough I used duct tape on the inside for strength. hope that helps.

Y

yautjafanboy

again with the blurry blurries, Phone cam + bathroom mirror, damn I need a good cam.
photo02731dq.jpg

photo02770oq.jpg

photo02805lg.jpg

photo02818uo.jpg

photo02820de.jpg

photo02833kp.jpg

photo02846pc.jpg

Im re-doing my breastplate (har har said I breast)
the old one is too small and not very accurate so im re doing it, here are some pics of the unfinished article,

old one
photo02869hq.jpg

new one with face hugger motif
photo02872om.jpg

more soon