My AVP PVC suit @ about 80%

A

asy0uw1sh

I need to fabricate the buckle, right gauntlet and leg armour and then start work on the actual bodysuit. Let me know what you guys think so far! Diavolo's excellent suit served as my initial inspiration for delving into the whole PVC thing.

-Alan

Picture201a.jpg

Picture193zz.jpg

Picture190.jpg

Picture201aa.jpg

N

Nosfearatu

I like the blood! Havent seen that done much before.

C

carlart

Cool blade gauntlet Al,---- is that some kind of space vehicle bash?
carlart

M

MEANGENE83

WOW!!! I cannot tell the difference between that and the movie armor.

You definitly get an award for how crafty this entire thing is. It could have turned out really ghetto and half assed but i have to say if ya didnt tell me it was PVC then i dont think anyone would have known the difference.

I especially like the custom gauntlet you got goin. VERY NICE INDEED! No comments other than keep going in the direction your headed.

K

keefer649

Very very nice! What did you end up using to make the armor that covers the abs? Do you plan on wearing the armor, or is it going to be for display only?

A

asy0uw1sh

Thanks guys for all the kind words and compliments! I plan on wearing the armor and it is fully articulated. Gene I tried to make the basic armor as close as possible to the AVP Scar armor. But there are subtle differences in my take on the armor. Keefer, I painstakingly hand cut and individually rivited each of the ab armor plates to a piece of black "pleather". Each larger inner piece has 4 individual rivits and the outer smaller pieces have two rivits. Pirk, the gauntlet was fashioned from a Batman Batplane toy! I found the body of the craft at a local thrift store and saw it's potential as a possible gauntlet. I added lights and the blades I cut from lexan by printing the template graciously provided by The Mortal Immortal and then I used a scroll saw and traced the template through the lexan.

Picture207.jpg

Picture205.jpg

Picture208.jpg

Picture209.jpg

Picture210.jpg

M

MEANGENE83

HAHAA i see the batmobile now!!
TOO COOL!!!!

I used to do that when i was out and about, i would look at items and see potential like that to RETRO FIT it to something else. Its fun to be creative like that and to be crafty.

Since then i discovered clay and havent gone back. Should give clay a try. ITS JUST AS FUN and even more rewarding because if you perfect your skills to where people LIKE your stuff.... They then wanna buy it!!! Which is cool cuz then the hobby pays for itself!

Keep us updated this is very cool.

I also noticed your OLD SCHOOL P1 Peter Murphy mask in the background. VERY NICE.

K

keefer649

Very nice! I ended up having to shorten the length of the bicep armor unfortunately, the original length I had really limited my arm movement, especially if I had it attached to my arm with velcro straps. Now they just sit on my arms perfectly , with no need for straps. Thats why I had asked if you plan on wearing the armour, since I see that you have the full bicep armor. Anyhow, awesome looking suit! Cant wait to see the final product!

A

asy0uw1sh

I might buy the feet and gauntlets I'm not sure yet! Gene, great eye on spotting the Murphy in the background! Of the masks I own, it's still my favorite! What clay would you recemmend a beginner to start with?

Thanks Again,

Alan

P

pirkleations

Your suit is really rockin', Alan.

It's gonna look even more awesome when it's finished, IMHO.

~DangerDavey

T

The Mortal Immortal

Looks really good, man thats alot of rivet work.

T

The Baileys Bandit

dude thats just flat out beautiful, koodos to you