My collection of Pred goodies...

F

Fakenrite

Hey all!

Well I wanted to kill my just about dead camera battery so I could pop it on the charger, so I snapped some quick pics of the office/collecting room. Been a long time since I took shots of the collection, so here you go

Just a note that my SS Lance proof scar tile is stored along with my 1:1 Elder AVP Bio and the Scanner bio from the SEED fan film, and some other knick knacks I don't have room for atm. Eventually I will redo this office completely and it will be wall to wall, floor to ceiling cases on every wall.

So for now...

Thanks for looking!

Dan

Last edited by a moderator:
Y

YautjaWan

Wow, VERY nice collection there.
Hope you have a great home security system!

T

The Big Gunns

You must have a very understanding wife.. and deep pockets Dan.

Nice collection

P

PredatoRob

You know, Dan, I really don't think you have enough stuff.

That's a very massive, and diverse collection you have there. I also really like the cabinets they're diplayed in. They look like the ones that my Dad gets from The Bombay Company. But not. I like the display you have for the Predator bust and maquette. He looks pissed off and he's probably thinking "what the hell am I doing in this box?!"

Truly an inspiring collection man. One question though, why're your helmets covered up?

F

Fakenrite

Thanks all

Mel - My wife really hates my collection, but seeing as I work I work at home in this office and spend massive hours in it, I can pretty much do as I please with it. As for money, I'm not loaded at all.. I just work a lot of extra side gigs so that I can pay for my toys

Rob - They're covered to protect them from dust until the acrylic cubes I've ordered for them arrive.

Glad you like the cases.. a lot of sweat when into building them last summer lol

Dan

S

Shadow predator

Nice, and man, that's tidy... Maybe it's because I'm just 22, but I never managed to keep my room tidy for over 2 days :')

N

nick1990

Yove got some awsome stuff man. I wish i had all that. How long didi it take you to get all of that. And what a wonderful display you've got.

T

tjm023

PERFECT! absolutely PERFECT!
That's the way to have a collection. Thanks for sharing.
If you don't mind and if you get a chanse, could you take some closeups of the female predator kit holding the sword. I'm still debating wether to pick one up.

Tom

F

Fakenrite

Thanks again all

Tom - I'll see what I can do in the next couple of days I'm gone all weekend long with the family.

Nick - I've been collecting pred stuff for two years as of August.

Dan

A

alkalilake

Where did you get large diameter acrylic tubes? How large in diameter are the ones you have coming? I have my P1 bust and the new Sideshow maquette collecting dust, and I'd like to rectify that.

N

NibsFlibble

Very nice collection and display cases! Can I come over and play?

I'm as good as a bull in a china shop ......

S

streetjudge79

Oh and my predator spear is in the same exact location as yours, over a door! Great minds think alike!

D

Destroyer

Excellent display. I am truly jealous.

I think we need more close up photos of the Predator maquette!

I know that you buy some of your models pre-painted. I was wondering if you build and paint some of the models yourself or whether all of them are done by other people.

S

ScottAS

Come on Dan where's the movie props? Collection looks like a million bucks.

C

Cassiopeia1979

YOU"VE GOT HELLBOY AND SOUNDWAVE!!!
i have soundwave too, the nice old toys that didn't break. mwahah.

F

Fakenrite

Thanks all

alkalilake - I'm actually getting cubes, not cylinders... In order to get cylinder tubes that are clear and don't distort the object inside, you need to use cast acrylic. I was calling around for quotes, and a cast acrylic tube with a 18" dia and about 6" long cost like $1000. At this point in the game, that's a tad too nuts for me.

Dan

S

sinister70

What an incredible collection you've got going there. All that and only over a period of two years? Wow that's going some. I have to agree too and say those display cabs really show off your collection well. Oh yeah and getting acrylic cubes for your Bios is a nice idea, as I'm sick of dusting mine.....Oh ok. The wife is sick of dusting them

F

Fakenrite

Destroyer - All my kits are painted by other artists in the model communities I chat on. I have a couple of folks that do most of my builds, but sometimes I will commission someone who's style I like to do one for me Once I get my Lara and Kong pieces from Joe Dunaway, that will make 16 pieces I own from him lol!

Dan