MY FIRST ATTEMPT(S) IN THE LATEX WORLD

M

mannowar

Here is my first attempt at costuming in the latex world. I purchased both heads, as well as the Alien chest and Predator armor. The Alien head, chest piece and Predator armor were raw. I custom sculpted all the Alien body parts from photos of the Alien Wars kits, then molded and cast them. Custom built 6' tail with a 5 point harness to attach it. I borrowed an airbrush from a neighbor and off I went... I was walking her as my "pet" alien... Special thanks to Seahunterr for all his input and advise. Let me know what you think. Next years will be better and is already in the works...
Here we are together...
AVP1.jpg

My finished costume...
Predator.jpg

Mary "off the leash"
Alien.jpg

Profile with the backpack... still working on cannon...
Alien022.jpg

...the feet...
Feet.jpg

Here are the body parts I sculpted before the chest and head were added.
NearlyfinishedAlien.jpg

T

The Mortal Immortal

Suit looks great; like how you have the acid eation blades.

M

mannowar

LOL...Thanks... the blades actually got slammed in a door right before the photo was taken... but instead of getting bent, I thought exactly the same thing you did... acid ate them up... fortunately I made a few extra sets, but haven't had time to put them in yet... the resin is pretty sturdy but a full force door slam was a little too much.

P

pirkleations

Great costumes!

Just make sure your Alien is potty-trained. They pee acid!!

~DangerDavey

M

mannowar

Well, we have an area in the back yard all worked out for that...Plus, it saves me from all the lawn work... the problem is all the slime she drools everywhere when she's in the house... you'd thinkd we have 10 Saint Bernards running around. We had about 60 people at our party... she was the only one to break a bottle... knocked it off a table with her tail. Had to chain her up in the back corner of the yard again...now we have 60 cocoons along the back wall after the party... it was a short party...They're a real mess when they sit in the sun for a few days...

R

RaptorArts

Awesome work on the suits. Ya I know how aliens can be. Heres what happend to my dog alien

Thats why im geting a Femail Dog Alien next

Last edited by a moderator:
M

MEANGENE83

TOO COOL!!!

both suit looks exceptionally well put together!!!
VERY GOOD for your first attempt!!!

M

mannowar

Thank you all for the positive feedback... I'm already starting to sculpt pieces for both costumes for next year. They will be a BIG upgrade to this year... I was really rushing this year, but in doing so, really came to love doing this in my spare time so I'll be much more meticulous now that I'm not under the gun for Halloween and take my time... The Alien sculpts will still go pretty quickly, though I may start sculpting my own chest/back piece after the first of the year... this one is one of Mander's and it's a really nice piece, but it was lacking the abdomen and I've always felt that was a key component of an alien costume... that's why I put so much time into that particular piece(bottom pic). The abdomen is the piece I'm most proud of (so far). Also working on a wirelessremote switch for the bio lasers. I've got a great link to a perfect wireless remote switch if anyone needs it. And fairly inexpensive...
It's also cool to have a wife who loves these critters as much as I do and she's already forbade me from selling off her costume...you gotta love that...I've assured her that if I do, it will only be because I've created a better one for next year. She REALLY wants me to rig an IV drip in the mouth, so she can constantly be drooling next year...Hey... does anyone know how I can get that "stretched skin look" that connects the Aliens' lower jaw to it's upper one... Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Scott

S

SeaHunterr

Scott,
Awesome suits..they both look great! I would like that wireless link, I know you sent it, but what part is it specifically? Thanks again for the Alien suit pieces, it really made my daughters suit, the kids at her school are still talking about that costume!
Looking forward to seeing your new sculpts and suits!

M

mannowar

Thanks Gene... It probably would have never even been finished without all your input and certainly wouldn't have turned out like it did even if I had finished, without all of your valuable advise. I'm so glad you liked the Alien pieces on your daughters suit... it looks great as well! And it looks like they were the perfect size for her costume... I'm going to sculpt the new ones a little bigger and make the leg pieces much nicer... Probably will leave the abdomen and sides alone. I love the head mod... it's probably a good thing as you can only imagine the comments Mary got on the full head... most people who've seen the movies have never gotten to actually see a mask like that close up and the movies are so dark, so yes, the penis comments were coming every few minutes...lol... Here's the link for the wireless switch... if you have to search the site, it's the 4-relay infrared remote but this link should take you right to the page that explains about the receiver and transmitter. We'll probaly get started on that after the holidays sometime... I'll let you know when we get started on it... here's the link... and I'll hit your regular email with it too as i have a question I want to ask you that I don't want to ask on the open forum here...www.rentron.com/project03.htm
It's the 4-relay wireless remote if you have to search the site.
Scott

R

RaptorArts

Ah alien questions are right up my alley.

The stretchy sinew on the mouth can be done in a couple of ways.

1. Sculpt it out of clay on a flat board make a mold and brush latex into it and then peal and glue with medical adhesive or some other strong glue. the latex will stretch. Make sure to use baloon latex rubber. That really stretches. You can also use foam latex or regular mask latex but both of those you need to be carefull with. Mask latex = thick and not too stretchy. Foam latex can get too thick if not done right.

2. You can also use condoms. Kind of accents the giger anatomical head thing. You need your protection! just cut the condom along the length of the tube and then glue it to the top and bottom of the mouth and cut with a hot knife or if your carefull an exacto but if you have even the slightest of edges your mouth skin will tare instantly.

I prefer #1.

M

mannowar

Thanks Vince,
I'll play around with both, but try option #2 on something I don't care about first... Maybe the dog... She'd look pretty cool like that anyway...
Scott

R

RaptorArts

NP glad to help.. As for trying this on your dog I dont know about that lol

M

mannowar

Yeah, but she's a Maltese... it's not like she's a REAL dog...LOL

M

mannowar

I thought I'd add on a couple pix from last year's non-latex costume to show the upgrade difference. The first is of the painted lycra body suit with leather armor and latex shoulder/chest piece. The second is of last years cannon/backpack. Sculpted it from sculpting foam, then had it professionally resin coated. It's lightweight and sturdy.

2005Predcostume.jpg

2005cannon.jpg

M

MEANGENE83

JEEZ that was quite an upgrade!!!

Put last years suit to SHAME!!

Look at how much your skills have improved.

M

mannowar

Thanks Gene,
I actually noticed an improvement just from this start or this years costumes to the end... I'm already starting on improvements for next years... upgrading Alien pieces, etc...
Also getting much better with airbrush... can't wait to start on next seasons suit...after holidays...need a break... and I think my wife want me back at least for Thanksgiving...lol May even get a raw mask and try my hand at that. These suits were done old school with tinted rubber cement/naptha... took forever... I'll definitely drop the extra dime for Prosaide this year...lol. I'm going to use one of Carl's cannons (should be here in a day or two), but I've got a cannon sculpt I doing right now that just needs a little more refining. I'm just so happy I found this website for all the reference and helpful tips. And it's surprising how everyone that I've had contact with on here (thus far, at least), has been so helpful and encouraging. Definitely a great group of people on here. Seahunterr was more helpful than I could ever express. Thanks to everyone though.
Scott