My First Build!

Omegalite

Unblooded
So a while back (like end of aug 2015) I began building my first predator costume from EVA foam using an AVP pepakura file I found on the RPF. (http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=148889&highlight=Predator+Costume) Working the morning before work and all day on weekends I was able to build the armor portion by October. Kind of shy person so I never posted a build forum, but a fellow member encouraged me to share it...so here it is! I tried to take a lot of pictures.
20150906_172938.jpg
20150906_173004.jpg
20150906_173042.jpg
20150906_173052.jpg
20150908_074407.jpg
20150910_101502.jpg
20150913_213327.jpg
20150913_213342.jpg
20150919_140759.jpg
20150919_184146.jpg
20150927_001506.jpg
20150927_001516.jpg
20151017_185247.jpg
20151018_182349.jpg
20151026_222733.jpg
I used an open face spandex suit for the skin. My plan is use an airbrush to paint the skin, and add some weathering detail to the armor. Also I want to change the dread/helmet so that I can wear them comfortably.
 

Omegalite

Unblooded
Then here is my attempt at weathering. (also made the pred feet armor) Tried dry brushing, and I think I'm going to try to use the air brush to make it look a little better 20160314_123656.jpg 20160314_123706.jpg 20160314_123755.jpg 20160314_123809.jpg

20160314_123656.jpg


20160314_123706.jpg


20160314_123755.jpg


20160314_123809.jpg
 

Omegalite

Unblooded
Looking good mate!!! :D Looks like you got the height for it too! Sweet!

P.S. That shoulder canon looks legit man..drool..
Thanks man! I'm 6' 1 so that helps complete the look haha. Id have to say I'm quite proud of the cannon, I rigged it up using pvc and an old pre-workout container haha
 

spgfx

Hunter
This is one really nice foam suit build. Excellent job, you should be proud of this one ! Is that a full fishnet body suit for the netting ?
 

Omegalite

Unblooded
This is one really nice foam suit build. Excellent job, you should be proud of this one ! Is that a full fishnet body suit for the netting ?
Thanks! Yeah it's a full fishnet body suit...with a twist. I didnt know how to sew actual fishnet into the shirt and bottoms I needed, so I bought a fishnet bodysuit (it's basically lingerie haha)
 

spgfx

Hunter
That's what I figured. It looks like a single piece ? Where did you get it. I do basically the same thing for my netting except it's 2 pieces and kinda of a pain to get on. Not to mention that when I was shopping eBay for it "queen size fishnet body stocking" I got put on a few interesting search lists.
 

Omegalite

Unblooded
That's what I figured. It looks like a single piece ? Where did you get it. I do basically the same thing for my netting except it's 2 pieces and kinda of a pain to get on. Not to mention that when I was shopping eBay for it "queen size fishnet body stocking" I got put on a few interesting search lists.
I searched on Amazon for fishnet body stocking and browsed through the results trying to find one that best fit the predator look. It was $7 plus shipping, so not a bad deal.
 

TigerClaw

Unblooded
That's some bad ass **** brother. Just tighten up the shin armor / boot tops a little. (y)

TC
 
Last edited:

HAL1138

Hunter
I am so happy right now!!!! So glad you finally posted this build...... Shyness is never an excuse to hide your awesome..... ;) Such a good build! (Happy Predator clicks.......)

Still really digging the bio by the way. What did you use to get the shape? Did you use a pattern, or were you just winging it?

Oh..... and love the base paint..... what did you use.....details! Details!!!!
 
Last edited:

Omegalite

Unblooded
I am so happy right now!!!! So glad you finally posted this build...... Shyness is never an excuse to hide your awesome..... ;) Such a good build! (Happy Predator clicks.......)

Still really digging the bio by the way. What did you use to get the shape? Did you use a pattern, or were you just winging it?

Oh..... and love the base paint..... what did you use.....details! Details!!!!
Thanks haha, Well the helmet was put together using a pepakura file and lots of patience haha. THe first one didnt turn out to pretty so I remade it and was happy with it when I cleaned it up and smoothed the seams.. Well the base paint is a mix of a hammered steel and black. I misted with the hammerd steel, then went in a misted the black. Then went back over with the hammered steel as a mist, also kinda bursting the paint at angles to make it look kinda scratched/stained and blotched in certain areas. More or less repeated that about 4ish times until I got the base color before I went and added the silver dry brushing. I still want to do some more detailing and weathering but that will probably come this summer when I have more time to experiment.
 
Top