My First predator costume

S

Seanf1979

Ok this is my first atempt to make a complete costume. I have most of the materials except for the gaunlets, skin, and predator helmet. I will update this thread as much as possible but I dont plan to start on the project till atleast next week. Here is the mask I bought waiting for it in the mail.
878e35ec.jpg

S

Seanf1979

Crap the link to photobucket is not working anybody else have this problem? I want to show the project in the works but if I cannot use photobucket Im not sure what else I can do.

W

Wookie Gunner

It looks like you are actually linking to the gallery, not the image. Under the thumbnail there is a box labelled url. Copy the contents of that box, like this:

Picture109.jpg

S

Seanf1979

Oh sweet thanks man. Guess I am new to that to. I'll fix it when I get home though looks like you have my photo already fixed.

S

Seanf1979

Ok now that I finally figured that out I can take pictures of my project I should be starting on it next week. Stay tuned!

S

Seanf1979

Well yeah but I bought it from predfan off of ebay before I knew it was Weaselfilingers

A

alkalilake

Live and learn guy, it's not the first time that sort of thing happened. Either way, it's a good mask. I just traded for one that's coming soon. I'm looking forward to it.

S

Seanf1979

What did you trade for it? I just got into building and collecting predator stuff maybe I would do the "pay it forward" thing but I dont have anything to offer yet

P

PredatoRob

I dont have anything to offer yet

That's a sweet-ass Cobra you got there.

S

Seanf1979

thanks though I sold it back in june because Im going back to college. Damn redoing my room is taking forever, almost 3 weeks so there has been a major delay on my predator costume but it is next on the list of things to do.

S

Seanf1979

Well after much of a delay(redoing my room and of course slacking off ) I have started back on my predator costume. I have the hair cut and melted for the pred mask(closed cell backer rod 1 inch diameter). I also have the magnets to mount the predator bio to the mask. Most of this week I have been working on the armor off and on. Here is a picture of the arm and shoulder armor that I made of linoleum(yes cheap indeed but I dont have the time or money to make a cast and mold the armor out of latex). They aren't dead on but as close as I could get them. I hope to have pictures of the mask and bio helmet mounted by the end of this week. Here is a picture of the shoulder and arm armor. I used a couple of predator action figures to make them.
3ddb865a.jpg

S

Seanf1979

Well the costume is about done I would say 80 percent(still figuring out the skin deal) but here is a picture of the hands I painted this weekend.Wasn't totally sure about what to paint them with dots or like a tiger shark stripe pattern but I like the job I did on the dots.
1d0c54b9.jpg
5b8c31c4.jpg

S

Seanf1979

Thanks man though I seemed to use the wrong paint types I think. I tried putting them on after I sealed them with perma wet and some of the paint came right off. Good thing its around the wrist area and will be covered up by the gauntlets.

S

Seanf1979

Yeah not good at all, I've ran into a lot of problem, I made a skin out of long johns but it doesn't really match the mask. I'll have to say even with me sort of half assing this project its not easy and costly.