My Generic Latex Facade

artsee1

Unblooded
musclesuitperfectpersonal2.jpg

Hey folks. I've been over here before but it seemed people already knew about my generic muscle facades so I never made a personal post. After reading a bit I saw a few questions about the source of the generic muscle facades that people are using and so I thought I would become a member and post the info in case there were other people wanting to put together a great Predator costume and looking for resources. I sculpted a generic full muscle body suit facade which is available in foam and non foam versions full front and back. Bumps can be added to create the various skin textures required to make your suit a one of a kind and tailored to your artistic preferences. I have gotten photos back fro m a few people that have used my facade successfully over the years and I see one of your members has done a remarkable job to one recently and I want to say awesome work. I am glad it is working out for you. If anyone has need of talking with me about supplying any generic parts for latex facade skins please contact me and I will be glad to talk over your needs and give you the options that I have for them. I am well known in the superhero community for my dependable and fast customer service. If there is anything I can help out with for a character like this please ask. My email is. artsee1@earthlink.net.

Paul

musclesuitperfectpersonal2.jpg

roninpred

Elite Hunter
Welcome Paul! already knew about your awesome suits thru scott(the mortal immortal) I believe he has 2 of your bad ass skins.don't be a stranger and let us know if you have more products that can be utilized for a pred costume

Bathunter

Unblooded
Good to see you here Paul...and posing with the REAL DEAL no less!
People, if you want top notch quality and service, Paul IS the man to see!! (not to mention one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet)
BH
(aka)
DT

artsee1

Unblooded
supermanactionfigure.jpg

Ya foam is no fun to wear for more than two hours and it is more fragile than sturdy thick latex but one thing that foam will give you is serious serious bulk and great powerful presence for photo ops beyond that of just the thick latex facade alone that sits closer to the body and is more like just regular superhero muscles but with out the superman type bulk. This Superman suit I did for Comicon and Dragoncon a few years back is an example of the bulk when you use foam in addition to the latex which is available but I do not recommend it and actually try to discourage it when I can. Like I say it is more fragile and hotter unless you use a cooling vest which I highly recommend.

Paul

supermanactionfigure.jpg

artsee1

Unblooded
genericvcowlarmorcapeclosed%20copy.jpg

See, I don't know if you can tell that this example is bulked way down because there is no foam but only the thick latex facade. Also the great thing about just the thick latex is you can order any part like say just the part that shows most like the chest only and really cut costs if you need to and do not want full coverage for the latex part cus these suits can get hot and why make it hotter in places you cant see right?

Paul

genericvcowlarmorcapeclosed%20copy.jpg

Darkpred13

Blooded
I bought a full facade from Paul some time back, and used it for a Spawn costume. Paul your work is excellent, the front is very well made. I recommend Paul's items very highly. :)

artsee1

Unblooded
That makes me so happy that it worked out and that I had some part in that. I appreciate you saying it too. Almost everything I make is made for me first so I want it to be good and I put a lot of hard work and long hours into it. This muscle suit took me almost a whole summer just to sculpt and research and the the mold took a really long time as it was 12 layers and it had to be designed to receive foam and hold up to the pressure and then research and development of how to solve the latex and foam issues took countless suits and parts of suits and six months before I had the product I wanted. It had never been done before for the general public and I consulted with some top hollywood artist colleges of mine to make sure I was on the right track. So I really sunk a lot of time, hard work and money into this and it has taken me years to see dividends and all after a big risk in the first place with such limited markets to risk this ever paying off. So I really appreciate the complement you paid me and I really appreciate the respect the community has given to artisans such as myself who take chances among the small costuming community and contribute to it. For all those that realize what I am saying and have enough perspective to respect it I thank you. For the few that I have heard and seen that try to take, claim and redistribute in order to benefit financially from the hard work of others such as myself I hope through self introspection and comments from other people in the community that you will come to see it for what it is. Thanks you for your support fellow costumers.

Paul

kithunter

Elite Hunter
For the few that I have heard and seen that try to take, claim and redistribute in order to benefit financially from the hard work of others such as myself I hope through self introspection and comments from other people in the community that you will come to see it for what it is.
it's a freakin shame paul that those that have done so without giving you props or have even asked for your permission to do so...it's gone on for too long ...no more.

maybe my fault as well for not paying attention,.. but as of recent i'm being made aware of allot of crap that has gone on that i'm not going to allow..anymore

carlart

Hunter
A man after my own heart. Paul, I hear every syllable of what you're saying about sweating the details for your piece to be right, not to mention the research and investment money needed to get the project off the ground---all the hours, all the dollars---kudos to you! Ditto on the rip-off crap. Thanks for being here and contributing to our merry "little" band.