My home built PRED Gauntlet Blades

P

predmaniac

Finished these today. Fitted Gauntlet blades into the RUBIES hands & Gauntlet, works well. Not full size Blades but do the job.

blades1.jpg

blades2.jpg

bladesfin.jpg

bladesfin2.jpg

M

Maverick118

Turning trash into treasure again I see. Kudos mate, really nice work. Love the simplicity of the design too.

N

NibsFlibble

See ..... THAT'S how you make stuff! Excellent idea and it works with the costume. Excellent job!

YAHOO!!!!!!!

Y

yautjafanboy

damn man you gots skills. if u ever get round my neck o tha woods we gotta party you maniac!

M

Maverick118

You know the more I look at this the more I like the low tech approach. Inexpensive, light and a doddle to maintain. I think you may even be able to make the blades pop out with out having to touch the switch on the top of the gauntlets. Little bit of fishing wire fed through inside the glove and a ring to fit over the thumb, make a fist and pop line pulls the switch and out pops the blades. I may have a got at this myself. I have some sheet styrene from a few other armour projects lying around....Hmmm I love it, it's totally the K.I.S.S. principle that I use when filming Kudos mate.

P

predmaniac

Yep, I will be adding the pull cord to do exactly that my friend. I'm always one for he heathrobinson approach, scavenge convert and simplify.

M

Maverick118

Great stuff. Yep can't agree more. Electronic whizz bangs and animatronics are all well and good....Until they go wrong just before you're doing a close up, then have to spend the next few hours wondering which wire came loose Look forward to the updates, you've done a splendid job with the gauntlets, if you didn't know you'd think they were part of the original design.

T

The Mortal Immortal

Nice design, I have seen something like that before and I know it has to work great. After making it what is your point of view on the working of your creation.

P

predmaniac

Works fine, would be better with a bit more lift in the unit to take the blades further away fron the back of the hands, or straighter blades would achieve the same effect.

munson

Hunter
I can understand the frustration of seeing an old thread bumped up to the top of this list, as it may take away from other threads that are newer. But I don't believe there are any rules that speak about posting reply's in old threads, so obviously some new members may not know that it is frustrating and seems to be frown upon. I would imagine that a rule stating that if the thread is ____ years old and you have a question pertaining to the thread/item build to directly contact the member through a "pm".

EDIT: Predatorhex and BerserkerPred, try and send them a pm about the questions, the thread is pretty old and you might get a better response too. Good Luck.

predmaniac

Hunter
Nothing like pulling up an oldie, lol. Good to see that people are doing a bit of research before posting. You guys can email me and i will try and remember how I made these. info@top-punts.co.uk

Cheers