My homemade P1 cannon

DangerDavey

Hunter
You could tarnish it a bit with a mix of gold, silver and black acrylic in the recessed areas. Just sponge or brush it on one section at a time and then wipe off the excess so that the silver comes through on the raised surfaces. Then seal it a coat of lacquer.(Your choice on that)That's part of the process I use to finish my cannons and cyborg costume parts.

~DD

Sinister

Hunter
That's cool. I love it when folk scratch build using stuff that's lying around and end up with a quality result at the end. There really is no limit apart from your imagination.

Mannowar

Hunter
Looks very cool!... Since you already have the silver done, I'd just sponge over the entire thing with black acrylic, then wipe off with a damp soft cloth. As DD said, it will leave the black in the recesses and allow the silver to not only highlight, but you silver will be a bit tarnished too. Put up some pix when it's weathered!

Macguyver

Blooded
THAT IS VERY, VERY COOL! :) I MAY HAVE TO TRY THIS OUT FOR MY CANNON!!!

It certainly looks like you're seeing all kinds of objects w/ the right kind of eyes! I go to thrift stores all the time & dig through all the toys! Everyone here should try it, its so much fun & u find all sorts of rare pieces that u can use for a pred suit!

Ok so the cannon is all weathered up. I used a citadel minature hobby paint called Tin Bitz it's basically rust in a pot.
I got so inspired I decided to weather the whole kit, see what you think :) Also made hands :)

suit1.jpg

suit2.jpg

suit3.jpg

bio1-1.jpg

roundhammer

Hunter
I've got the same fake camera AND the same ammo drum parts, and I was going to use both for a plasma caster!!
Very nice use of found parts!

macmacitune

Unblooded
:D VERY NICE!! looks like you made it out of some cheap stuff, any idea how much it would cost if i bought all those items form a store?